1. The 26th letter of the Roman alphabet.
4. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
9. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
13. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
16. A bloody and prolonged operation in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945).
17. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
18. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
19. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
20. United States astronomer (1835-1909).
22. A genus of Lamnidae.
25. A squeaking sound.
26. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
28. Any of several evergreen shrubs of the genus Arbutus of temperate Europe and America.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
32. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
34. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
35. Knock unconscious or senseless.
37. Oblong cream puff.
43. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
44. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
45. Severely simple.
47. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
48. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
50. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
51. A man who serves as a sailor.
52. Highly excited.
54. A church associated with a monastery or convent.
56. Of a leaf shape.
58. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
59. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
60. A fancy dock for small yachts and cabin cruisers.
63. A compound derived from ammonia by replacing hydrogen atoms by univalent hydrocarbon radicals.
65. A slow pace of running.
66. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
67. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
68. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
70. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
72. Hosiery consisting of a cloth covering for the foot.
73. (prefix) Between or among or in the midst of.
75. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
78. The capital of Nationalist China.
80. A Mid-Atlantic state.
82. 16 ounces.
84. Not out.
85. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
90. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
94. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
95. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
96. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
98. The month following February and preceding April.
99. A unit of pressure.
101. An open receptacle for holding or displaying or serving articles or food.
102. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
103. The act of using.
104. Of or relating to or characteristic of Morocco or its people.
105. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
106. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
107. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
1. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
2. An open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring.
3. Money or property brought by a woman to her husband at marriage.
4. Someone regarded as eccentric or crazy and standing out from a group.
5. Electronic warfare undertaken under direct control of an operational commander to locate sources of radiated electromagnetic energy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition.
6. A small cake leavened with yeast.
7. A state in northwestern North America.
8. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
9. A human limb.
10. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
11. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
12. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
13. A short close-fitting coat.
14. Wind god.
15. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
21. The area for food preparation on a ship.
23. Declare or acknowledge to be true.
24. Founder of Buddhism.
27. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Puppis and Caelum.
29. The cry made by sheep.
31. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
33. Aromatic Eurasian perennial.
36. A resident of Alabama.
38. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
39. Keep company with.
40. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
41. Become adolescent.
42. A city in southern Japan on Kyushu.
46. Turn on or around an axis or a center.
49. A musician who plays the oboe.
53. A fast gait of a horse.
55. The dialect of Chinese spoken in Canton and neighboring provinces and in Hong Kong and elsewhere outside China.
57. Light wispy precipitation that evaporates before it reaches the ground (especially when the lower air is low in humidity).
61. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
62. A change for the better.
64. Necessary for relief or supply.
69. A town in southern Minnesota.
70. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
71. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
74. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
76. Relating to of containing or affecting blood.
77. Type genus of the Blattidae.
79. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
81. 100 aurar equal 1 krona.
83. An oil port in southern Iraq.
84. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
86. A book of the New Testament.
87. Same in identity.
88. God of love and erotic desire.
89. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
91. Type genus of the Amiidae.
92. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
93. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
97. The seed of the cereal grass.
100. Before noon.