1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
9. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
13. The month following August and preceding October.
16. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
18. A linear unit (1/6 inch) used in printing.
19. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
20. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
21. A unit that is part of some military service.
22. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
23. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
24. A small cake leavened with yeast.
26. A soft cotton or worsted fabric with an open mesh.
28. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
29. A state in midwestern United States.
30. Dressed or clothed especially in fine attire.
32. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
34. A city in northern India.
35. Any of numerous Old World birds having a strong hooked bill that feed on smaller animals.
38. Expandable metal or wooden wedge used by printers to lock up a form within a chase.
39. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
43. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
47. Showing signs of wear and tear.
48. Located in or toward the back or rear.
51. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
52. The content of cognition.
53. Very great or intense.
55. A Russian river.
56. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
58. A conversation between two persons.
60. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
62. Canna grown especially for its edible rootstock from which arrowroot starch is obtained.
63. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
64. An arm off of a larger body of water (often between rocky headlands).
65. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
66. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
69. A Bantu language sometimes considered a dialect of Zulu.
72. A public promotion of some product or service.
73. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
74. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
77. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
79. Of or relating to or near the nares.
84. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
87. The airforce of Great Britain.
89. An island in the south Pacific.
90. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
91. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
93. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
95. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
96. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
97. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
98. Avatar of Vishnu.
99. (British) An informer or spy working for the police.
1. Divulge information or secrets.
2. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
5. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
6. United States writer noted for his stories about life during the California gold rush (1836-1902).
7. A covered passageway.
8. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
9. Southwestern Asian plant widely cultivated for its succulent edible dark green leaves.
10. A linear unit of the size of type slightly larger than an em.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. An informal term for a father.
13. Leap. jerk, bang (dialectal).
14. Duck of the northern hemisphere much valued for the fine soft down of the females.
15. A genus of Ploceidae.
25. Bristlelike process near the tip of the antenna of certain flies.
27. Being nine more than ninety.
29. Hard fiber used in making coarse twine.
31. An endorsement.
33. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
36. A band worn around or over the head.
37. (British) Liable to payment of rates or taxes.
40. Be earlier in time.
41. (Old Testament) The wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac.
42. Genus of herbs of southern United States.
44. A genus of tropical Asian and Malaysian palm trees.
45. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
46. Brought together into a group or crowd.
49. Any plant of the genus Erica.
50. The capital and largest city of Rwanda.
54. Marine microorganism having a calcareous shell with openings where pseudopods protrude.
57. Marked by features of the immediate and usually discounted past.
59. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
61. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
67. Fudge made with brown sugar and butter and milk and nuts.
68. Of or relating to or characteristic of Chile or its people.
69. Leap. jerk, bang (dialectal).
70. City in northern Austria on the Danube.
71. Being three more than fifty.
75. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
76. The sacred city of Lamaism.
78. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
80. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
81. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
82. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
83. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
85. The habitation of wild animals.
86. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
88. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
92. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
94. Before noon.