1. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
4. An anti-inflammatory drug that does not contain steroids.
9. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
13. A decree that prohibits something.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
18. Type genus of the Amiidae.
19. A rapid bustling commotion.
20. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
22. An intersection or crossing of two tracts in the form of the letter X.
24. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
25. The act of scanning.
26. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir.
28. God of wealth and love.
29. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
30. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
32. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
33. (euphemistic) "he is deceased".
35. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
38. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
39. A legendary creature resembling a tiny old man.
42. A member of a Turkic people of Chinese Turkestan and neighboring areas (formerly of Mongolia and eastern Turkestan).
46. (Greek mythology) A river in Hades.
49. A psychological state induced by (or as if induced by) a magical incantation.
51. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
52. United States comic actor in silent films.
53. Type genus of the Rutaceae.
54. A member of an Algonquian people who lived west of Lake Superior.
56. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
57. A state in midwestern United States.
59. An ancient city in Asia Minor that was the site of the Trojan War.
61. Flat-topped or rounded inflorescence characteristic of the family Umbelliferae in which the individual flower stalks arise from about the same point.
62. Turn on or around an axis or a center.
64. A general conscious awareness.
65. A small piece of cloth.
66. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
67. A person forced to flee from home or country.
69. Having been read.
70. A statistical method for making simultaneous comparisons between two or more means.
72. A worker (especially in an office) hired on a temporary basis.
73. Informal terms for a meal.
76. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
77. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
81. Metal shackles.
85. A tangible and visible entity.
88. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
91. Celebes megapode that lays eggs in holes in sandy beaches.
92. Provide commentary for a film, for example.
94. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
95. (informal) Of the highest quality.
96. Free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception.
98. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
99. The basic unit of money in Iran.
100. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
101. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
102. (used especially of vegetation) Having lost all moisture.
103. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500).
2. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
3. A winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple.
4. (British) Your grandmother.
5. Speaking a Slavic language.
6. A mishap.
7. That is to say.
8. Russian country house.
9. The arrangement of the hair (especially a woman's hair).
10. Any of several cultivated sour cherry trees bearing pale red fruit with colorless juice.
11. God of the underworld.
12. Armor plate that protects legs below the knee.
13. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
14. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
15. A member of a people who have no permanent home but move about according to the seasons.
21. A state of lawlessness and disorder (usually resulting from a failure of government).
23. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
27. A state in east central United States.
29. Sect of Orthodox Jews who follow the Mosaic Law strictly.
31. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
34. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
36. The largest tarsal bone.
37. A calcareous material harder and denser than bone that comprises the bulk of a tooth.
40. German iris having large white flowers with lavender-tinged falls and a fragrant rhizome.
41. Large strong hand (as of a fighter).
43. One of a family of granular intrusive rocks.
44. Undo strands that have been woven together.
45. A rare soft orange mineral consisting of arsenic sulphide.
47. Any of various drums with small heads.
48. Make editorial changes (in a text).
50. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
55. Historical and literary materials relating to Judaism.
58. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
60. A master's degree in education.
63. Relating to or characteristic of alps.
69. That is to say.
71. Waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls.
72. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
74. A short sleeveless outer tunic emblazoned with a coat of arms.
75. Being nine more than ninety.
78. (medicine) A grossly malformed and usually nonviable fetus.
79. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
80. A dark region of considerable extent on the surface of the moon.
81. How long something has existed.
82. Full of zest or vigor.
83. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
84. An upholstered seat for more than one person.
86. A son who has the same first name as his father.
87. A block of solid substance (such as soap or wax).
89. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
90. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
93. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
97. A public promotion of some product or service.