1. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
4. A person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible.
9. A loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion.
13. A master's degree in library science.
16. Large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male.
17. Of or relating to the kidneys.
18. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
19. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. `Father' is a term of address for priests in some churches (especially Roman or Orthodox Catholic).
22. Port city in northwestern Belgium and industrial center.
23. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
24. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
26. An advocate of rural living.
29. Immeasurably small.
31. The capital and largest city of South Korea.
33. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
35. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
37. Protective garment worn by surgeons during operations.
40. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
46. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
47. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
48. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
49. A port city in southwestern Iran.
51. Relating to or accompanying birth.
53. A caress with the lips.
54. Harmed or injured or spoiled.
56. Remote and separate physically or socially.
57. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
59. Congenital absence of an arm or leg.
61. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
62. A radioactive transuranic element that is similar to uranium.
65. Of a quality, as in.
68. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
69. An associate degree in nursing.
70. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
73. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
75. Greek mythology.
77. Toward the mouth or oral region.
79. Avatar of Vishnu.
81. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
82. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
83. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
87. A large body of water constituting a principal part of the hydrosphere.
90. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
93. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
94. A poem consisting of 3 stanzas and an envoy.
97. A motley assortment of things.
99. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
100. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
101. A genus of temperate and arctic evergreen trees (see spruce).
103. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
104. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
105. An affirmative.
106. The capital and largest city of Jordan.
107. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
108. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
1. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
2. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
3. Jordan's port.
4. A byproduct of inflammation.
5. Arm again.
6. To an undue degree.
7. Very large red gum tree.
8. Offering little or no hope.
9. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
10. Collect or gather.
11. A port city in western France on the Loire estuary.
12. A doctor's degree in theology.
13. A mountain in the Himalayas in Nepal (27,790 feet high).
14. A facial expression of contempt or scorn.
15. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
25. English historian noted for his constitutional history of medieval England (1825-1901).
27. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
28. Coarse jute fabric.
30. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
32. Type genus of Ochnaceae.
34. Either of 2 species of the genus Roridula.
36. Used of walls.
38. Arboreal civet of Asia having a long prehensile tail and shaggy black hair.
39. Pale yellow seedless grape used for raisins and wine.
41. A mixture of mashed malt grains and hot water.
42. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
43. God of love and erotic desire.
44. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
45. Glazed yeast-raised doughnut-shaped roll with hard crust.
50. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
52. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
55. The basic unit of money in Yemen.
58. The template for protein synthesis.
60. A public promotion of some product or service.
63. Of or like a cecum.
64. A deep prolonged loud noise.
66. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
67. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
71. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
72. A Nilo-Saharan language spoken in parts of Chad.
74. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
76. (Spanish) Saffron-flavored dish made of rice with shellfish and chicken.
78. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
80. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
84. A leisurely walk (usually in some public place).
85. A timepiece that measures a time interval and signals its end.
86. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
88. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
89. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
91. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
92. In bed.
95. Lacking in light.
96. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
98. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
102. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.