1. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
4. A neutral middle vowel.
8. Flesh of fish found in colder waters of northern Atlantic coast of the United States.
12. A French abbot.
16. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
17. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
18. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
19. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
20. A feudal lord or baron in Scotland.
22. The father of your father or mother.
24. With no effort to conceal.
25. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
27. A peninsula in southwestern Europe.
29. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
32. A field game played with a ball (especially baseball).
36. Sole genus of the family Naiadaceae.
40. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
41. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
45. 16 ounces.
46. Norwegian chemist noted for his research on organic molecules (1897-1981).
49. Having finished or arrived at completion.
51. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
52. Hairy perennial Eurasian herb with yellow daisylike flowers reputed to destroy or drive away fleas.
55. An annually elected magistrate of the ancient Roman Republic.
58. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
60. A primeval personification of air and breath.
61. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
62. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
63. A mass of ice and snow that permanently covers a large area of land (e.g., the polar regions or a mountain peak).
64. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
65. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
67. The inner pale yellow part of the lenticular nucleus.
70. Annual and perennial grasses of savannas and upland grasslands.
72. Of or relating to words.
74. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
76. Important food fish of the Nile and other rivers of Africa and Asia Minor.
79. (trademark) An alloy of iron and nickel having a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
82. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
86. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
88. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
91. Take by theft.
92. Type and only genus of the family Tytonidae.
93. Of or relating to a cortex.
95. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
96. Long nerve fiber that conducts away from the cell body of the neuron.
97. The inner germ layer that develops into the lining of the digestive and respiratory systems.
98. An informal term for a father.
1. The 8th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
2. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
3. Using speech rather than writing.
4. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
5. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
6. A battle in the Napoleonic campaigns (1809).
7. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
8. A string of words satisfying the grammatical rules of a language.
9. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
10. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
11. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
12. American dramatist (1928- ).
13. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
14. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
15. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
21. A loose dressing gown for women.
23. An associate degree in nursing.
26. An area of sand sloping down to the water of a sea or lake.
28. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
30. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
31. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
33. Of or relating to or formed by trees.
34. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
35. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
37. King of Wessex.
38. Small genus of perennial mostly Eurasian having terminal spikes of small purplish or white flowers.
39. Large-holed Swiss cheese.
42. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
43. A small cake leavened with yeast.
44. Of or relating to the ancient Aramaic languages.
47. Roman Emperor who was the adoptive son of Trajan.
48. Informal terms for a mother.
50. The iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell.
53. A small cavity or space within an organ or in a plant or animal.
54. Hard white substance covering the crown of a tooth.
56. A soft silvery metallic element of the rare earth group.
57. Perennial northern temperate plant with toothed leaves and heads of small purplish-white flowers.
59. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
66. A variety of bridge in which tricks made in excess of the contract are scored toward game.
67. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
68. United States writer of thrillers (born in 1925).
69. English Shakespearean actor also noted for appearances in films (1904-2000).
70. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
71. Being the one previously mentioned or spoken of.
73. Denoting a quantity consisting of 12 items or units.
75. A support that steadies or strengthens something else.
77. A chalcedony with alternating black and white bands.
78. Wife or mistress of Zeus and mother of Apollo and Artemis in ancient mythology.
80. A vote that blocks a decision.
81. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
83. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
84. The distinctive form in which a thing is made.
85. Type genus of the Amiidae.
87. (informal) Of the highest quality.
88. Before noon.
89. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
90. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
94. In operation or operational.