1. The scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals.
5. A small cake leavened with yeast.
9. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
13. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
16. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
17. In bed.
18. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
19. A light touch or stroke.
20. Covered with frost.
21. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
23. Do something to an excessive degree.
25. A member of a widespread group of Amerindians living in northeastern South America.
27. Affect with wonder.
29. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
30. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
31. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
32. An antibiotic (trade name Azactam) used against severe infections.
34. Black tropical American cuckoo.
36. Small genus of aquatic or semiaquatic plants.
40. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
42. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
46. The craniometric point that is the most prominent point at the back of the head (at the occipital protuberance).
47. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
50. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
51. (music) A notation written at the beginning or end of a passage that is to be repeated.
52. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
53. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
55. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
56. A sign of assent or salutation or command.
57. A quadrille for 8 or 16 couples.
59. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
63. The content of cognition.
64. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
66. Gallery where works of art can be displayed.
67. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
69. An article of clothing.
71. Old World tropical herbs.
73. United States mathematician and founder of cybernetics (1894-1964).
75. Genus of prickly shrubs and small trees of the Caribbean region.
76. Type genus of the family Tridacnidae.
78. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
80. Devoted to a cause or party.
83. The state of being of noble birth.
88. Tranquilizer and antidepressant (trade name Triavil) sometimes used as an antiemetic for adults.
90. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
91. Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase).
92. Not elegant or graceful in expression.
94. Joint consisting of a line formed by joining two pieces.
95. (usually followed by `of') Released from something onerous (especially an obligation or duty).
96. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
97. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
98. Long coarse hair growing from the crest of the animal's neck.
99. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. Disposed of as useless.
2. A French river.
3. A large fleet.
4. Common trailing perennial milkwort of eastern North America having leaves like wintergreen and usually rosy-purple flowers with winged sepals.
5. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. English monk and scholar (672-735).
8. Not capable of being swayed or diverted from a course.
9. A public square with room for pedestrians.
10. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
11. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
12. Type genus of the Gavialidae.
13. 32nd President of the United States.
14. An informal term for a father.
15. Little known Kamarupan languages.
22. A small roofed building affording shade and rest.
24. The expensive white fur of the ermine.
26. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
28. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
33. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
35. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
37. Someone who communicates by signals.
38. The quality of wearisome constancy and lack of variety.
39. Thin-shelled freshwater mussels.
41. Make broader.
43. From fermented juice of black morello cherries.
44. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
45. Food that is discarded (as from a kitchen).
48. A mythical Greek warrior who was a leader on the Trojan side of the Trojan War.
49. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
54. Verse in the meter used in Greek and Latin poetry consisting of strophes of 4 tetrametric lines.
58. Loggerhead turtles.
60. Of or related to or derived from oats.
61. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
62. A leisurely walk (usually in some public place).
65. A resident of Iowa.
68. Small stuff that is used for lashing two or more ropes together.
69. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
70. Relating to or associated with Arabia or its people.
71. Type genus of the Gavialidae.
72. Something of small importance.
74. A genetic abnormality resulting in short stature.
77. Indigo bush.
78. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
79. The process of combustion of inflammable materials producing heat and light and (often) smoke.
81. An elaborate song for solo voice.
82. Possessing material wealth.
83. A means of flight or ascent.
84. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
85. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
86. Being the one previously mentioned or spoken of.
87. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
89. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
93. After noon.