1. Apparent power to perceive things that are not present to the senses.
4. Pertaining to or constituting a base or basis.
9. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
13. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
16. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
17. Any of various herbaceous plants of the genus Atriplex that thrive in deserts and salt marshes.
18. The basic unit of money in Papua New Guinea.
19. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
20. A temporary passageway of planks (as over mud on a building site).
22. In the same place (used when citing a reference).
24. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
25. The brightest star in Orion.
26. Harmony of people's opinions or actions or characters.
27. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
28. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
29. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
31. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
33. The highest level or degree attainable.
38. A deposit of valuable ore occurring within definite boundaries separating it from surrounding rocks.
41. A native American chieftain who argued for peace with the European settlers (16th century).
44. Family based on male descent.
45. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
47. The froth produced by soaps or detergents.
48. A person forced to flee from home or country.
49. Wrongfully emptied or stripped of anything of value.
50. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
51. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
53. The smallest multiple that is exactly divisible by every member of a set of numbers.
54. A person of subnormal intelligence.
57. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
58. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
60. The word class that qualifies verbs or clauses.
64. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
66. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
67. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
68. Conduit consisting of a long hollow object (usually cylindrical) used to hold and conduct liquids or gases.
69. Half the width of an em.
70. United States golfer who won many major golf tournaments (born in 1912).
72. An honorary degree in science.
74. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
77. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
79. (British) Seating in the forward part of the main level of a theater.
81. A jar for holding jellies or preserves.
84. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
88. Devoid of brightness or appeal.
90. A cylindrical drawstring bag used by sailors to hold their clothing and other gear.
92. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
93. (computer science) The smallest discrete component of an image or picture on a CRT screen (usually a colored dot).
94. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
96. Type genus of the Majidae.
97. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
98. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
99. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
100. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
101. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
2. Freshwater or marine or terrestrial gastropod mollusk usually having an external enclosing spiral shell.
3. A large heavy knife used in Central and South America as a weapon or for cutting vegetation.
4. A round vessel that is open at the top.
5. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
6. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
7. Being nine more than ninety.
8. The Bantu language of the Chewa people of east central Africa.
9. Cloth covering that forms the part of a garment below the waist.
10. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
11. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
12. An opening remark intended to secure an advantage for the speaker.
13. Scottish insurgent who led the resistance to Edward I.
14. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
15. An informal term for a father.
21. Marked by refinement in taste and manners.
23. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
28. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
30. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
32. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
34. A native or inhabitant of Maldives.
35. Weedy annual grass often occurs in grainfields and other cultivated land.
36. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
37. Any of various chiefly Mediterranean plants of the genera Asphodeline and Asphodelus having linear leaves and racemes of white or pink or yellow flowers.
39. The 15th letter of the Greek alphabet.
40. Well-seasoned rice (with nuts or currants of minced lamb) simmered or braised in stock.
42. Dressed or clothed especially in fine attire.
43. A deep pulsating type of pain.
46. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
52. Small genus of variable annual Eurasian vines.
55. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
56. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
59. As the agent of or on someone's part.
61. Made of fir or pine.
62. A great raja.
63. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
65. Act in unison or agreement and in secret towards a deceitful or illegal purpose.
66. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
71. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
73. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
75. An associate degree in nursing.
76. Dark somewhat brownish black n 1.
78. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
80. The third day of the week.
81. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
82. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
83. A state in New England.
85. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
86. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
87. A city in northern India.
89. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
91. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
95. A radioactive element of the actinide series.