1. Pan with a convex bottom.
4. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
9. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
13. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
16. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
17. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
18. (Roman mythology) God of love.
19. The last (12th) month of the year.
20. Type genus of the Rhamnaceae.
22. (British) A loudspeaker.
24. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
25. A famous waterfall in Venezuela.
27. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
28. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
29. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
30. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
31. A state in midwestern United States.
32. The formation of frost or ice on a surface.
34. Small spiny outgrowth on the wings of certain insects.
38. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
42. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
43. A stiff protective garment worn by hockey players or a catcher in baseball to protect the shins.
47. Indicated by necessary connotation though not expressed directly.
48. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
50. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
51. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
53. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
54. The sign language used in the United States.
55. Of or relating to or located near a hilum.
57. In an ideal manner.
59. Small porous bowl made of bone ash used in assaying to separate precious metals from e.g. lead.
62. Direct in spatial dimensions.
64. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
65. Talk pompously.
66. Reduction or lack of an immune response to a specific antigen.
67. Having the same or similar characteristics.
68. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
69. (Old Testament) The second wife of Jacob and mother of Joseph and Benjamin.
70. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
72. A primeval personification of air and breath.
73. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
75. Lacking in liveliness or charm or surprise.
77. A Mid-Atlantic state.
78. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
80. The use of tricks to deceive someone (usually to extract money from them).
82. By bad luck.
89. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
92. A humorous anecdote or remark.
94. Used of pens.
96. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
97. Of or relating to Iraq or its people or culture.
98. Water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere.
100. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
101. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
102. A city in western Germany.
103. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
104. A common cyst of the skin.
1. Activity directed toward making or doing something.
2. An island of central Hawaii (between Molokai and Kauai).
3. An industrial city in southern Poland on the Vistula.
4. Ancient city is southeastern Italy where Hannibal defeated the Romans in 216 BC.
5. Largest known toad species.
6. A Nilotic language.
7. Before noon.
8. The seventh and last day of the week.
9. An island in the Indian Ocean off the east coast of Africa.
10. Of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion.
11. The sound made by a cow or bull.
12. Of or relating to the former Indo-European people.
13. The sixth month of the civil year.
14. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
15. The act of scanning.
21. (Arthurian legend) The magician who acted as King Arthur's advisor.
23. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
26. (New Testament) The sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born.
29. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
33. Being nine more than ninety.
35. Of or relating to a caesura.
36. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
37. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
39. Enthusiastic approval.
40. Regarded with aversion.
41. A flammable colorless gaseous alkene.
44. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
45. (comparative of `near') Being the one of two that is less distant in space.
46. Any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force.
49. Wool of the alpaca.
52. A doctor's degree in religion.
56. Bordered by a line of things.
58. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
60. People of the same race or nationality who share a distinctive culture.
61. A city on the River Aire in West Yorkshire in northern England.
63. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
68. 1 species.
71. Rod-shaped motile bacteria that attack plants.
72. Of or relating to the former Indo-European people.
74. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
76. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
79. A toxic protein extracted from castor beans.
81. Hinge joint between the forearm and upper arm and the corresponding joint in the forelimb of a quadruped.
83. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
84. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
85. The 4th planet from the sun.
86. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
87. A state in New England.
88. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
89. Being nine more than ninety.
90. Give over.
91. Chief port of Yemen.
93. Dish baked in pastry-lined pan often with a pastry top.
95. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
99. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.