1. What you can repeat immediately after perceiving it.
4. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
8. Goddess of fertility.
12. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
16. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
17. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
18. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
19. In bed.
20. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
22. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
23. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
24. The taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth.
25. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
26. The face or front of a building.
29. A small cake leavened with yeast.
32. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
33. Any of various resinous glandular plants of the genus Madia.
35. Taken dishonestly.
37. A doctor's degree in education.
40. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
41. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
42. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
46. Events that provide the generative force that is the origin of something.
50. A long narrow natural elevation or striation.
52. Eurasian primrose with yellow flowers clustered in a one-sided umbel.
53. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
54. A primeval personification of air and breath.
56. A sudden occurrence (or recurrence) of a disease.
58. A tight-fitting headdress.
59. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
60. An ancient board game resembling backgammon.
62. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
64. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
65. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
67. Relating to the veins of plants.
68. A bar of sand.
71. A company emblem or device.
72. (Norse mythology) A dwarf who possessed a treasure that was stolen by Loki.
73. A public promotion of some product or service.
74. Not woven.
76. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
78. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
79. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
90. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
91. Terminating abruptly by having or as if having an end or point cut off.
93. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
94. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
96. Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate.
98. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
99. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
100. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
101. God of fire.
102. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
1. Soft lump or unevenness in a yarn.
2. A Swiss patriot who lived in the early 14th century and who was renowned for his skill as an archer.
3. The capital and largest city of Equatorial Guinea on the island of Bioko in the Gulf of Guinea.
4. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.
5. Be obliged to pay or repay.
6. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
7. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
8. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
9. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
10. A small picture inserted within the bounds or a larger one.
11. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
12. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Carolinas.
13. Lower in esteem.
14. Permitting little if any light to pass through because of denseness of matter.
15. Having a specified kind of border or edge.
21. Align anew or better.
27. Of or in or belonging to the cavity of the abdomen.
28. A customary way of operation or behavior.
30. English monk and scholar (672-735).
31. An associate degree in nursing.
34. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
36. A fast sailboat with 3 parallel hulls.
38. Unrestrained by convention or morality.
39. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
43. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
44. Covered with a firm surface.
45. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
47. British actor and playwright (born in 1921).
48. Highly seasoned minced meat stuffed in casings.
49. The 5th letter of the Greek alphabet.
51. Elliptical use of "depend on".
55. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
57. The largest Chilean island and the only one to be settled.
61. A river in southwestern England rising in Gloucestershire and flowing through Bristol to empty into the estuary of the Severn.
63. The word class that qualifies verbs or clauses.
66. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
69. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
70. Minute freshwater crustacean having a round body enclosed in a transparent shell.
71. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
75. A unit of magnetic flux equal to 100,000,000 maxwells.
77. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
78. (usually followed by `to' or `for') On the point of or strongly disposed.
80. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
81. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
82. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
83. South American shrub or small tree having long shining evergreen leaves and panicles of green or yellow flowers.
84. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
85. Male red deer.
86. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
87. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
88. Little known Kamarupan languages.
89. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
92. A score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely.
95. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
97. Being one more than one.
98. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.