1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. Done or occurring in a brief period of time.
9. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
13. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
16. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
17. Complacently or inanely foolish.
18. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
19. The sound made by a gentle blow.
20. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
21. A province in north-central China.
22. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
23. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
24. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
26. German mathematician (1804-1851).
28. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
29. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
31. A capacity unit used for measuring fresh herring.
33. Indicating the most important performer or role.
36. In bed.
41. Ancient city southeast of Naples that was buried by a volcanic eruption from Vesuvius.
44. A university town in east central Maine on the Penobscot River north of Bangor.
45. Attack as false or wrong.
49. Become active.
52. Tear or be torn violently.
53. The products of human creativity.
54. Small depression under the shoulder joint where the arm joins the shoulder.
56. An operating system that is on a disk.
57. The skilled practice of a practical occupation.
59. (prefix) Half or partial.
60. Knock unconscious or senseless.
63. A New England state.
64. A globular water bottle used in Asia.
67. Old World nocturnal canine mammal closely related to the dog.
69. An open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring.
70. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
71. By a small margin.
76. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
77. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
78. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
87. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
88. A domain in which something is dominant.
90. A pause during which things are calm or activities are diminished.
92. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
93. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
94. A fastener (as a buckle or hook) that is used to hold two things together.
95. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
96. (informal) Roused to anger.
97. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
98. Muslim name for God.
99. Type genus of the Anatidae.
100. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. The highest level or degree attainable.
4. Gear (including necessary machinery) for a particular enterprise.
5. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
6. A member of the majority people of Punjab in northwestern India.
7. Afflicted with or characteristic of mental derangement.
8. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
10. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
11. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
12. Any object that radiates energy.
13. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
14. A small cake leavened with yeast.
15. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
25. Capital as contrasted with the income derived from it.
27. A doctor's degree in optometry.
29. Someone who sets snares for birds or small animals.
30. Characteristic of false pride.
32. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
34. The day after today.
35. Remove surgically.
37. Small evergreen shrub of Pacific coast of North America having edible dark purple grape-size berries.
38. Medication (trade name Lopid) used to lower the levels of triglyceride in the blood.
39. Admitting of no doubt or misunderstanding.
40. In a modest manner.
42. Eliminate from the body.
43. Small common sandpiper that breeds in northern or arctic regions and winters in southern United States or Mediterranean regions.
46. Made of or covered with wax.
47. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
48. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
50. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
51. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
55. The eighth month of the civil year.
58. A comedy characterized by broad satire and improbable situations.
61. Slightly open.
62. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
65. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
66. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
68. Preaching the gospel of Christ in the manner of the early church.
69. A small cake leavened with yeast.
72. Inhabitant of the island of Cebu.
73. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
74. Attractiveness to the opposite sex.
75. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
79. Advanced in years.
80. God of love and erotic desire.
81. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
82. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
83. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
84. By bad luck.
85. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
86. An informal term for a father.
89. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
91. A unit of length of thread or yarn.