1. Standard temperature and pressure.
4. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
9. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
13. A light touch or stroke.
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
18. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
19. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
20. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
22. A travelling company of entertainers.
24. A member of the dominant Hindu military caste in northern India.
26. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
28. The act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes.
29. Type genus of the Anatidae.
30. Jostling with the elbows.
32. A slight rounded elevation where the malleus attaches to the eardrum.
34. Of or relating to or in the manner of Erasmus.
37. An advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution.
41. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
42. A resort city in southern Ukraine on the Black Sea.
45. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
46. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
47. A representation of common ground between theories or phenomena.
50. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
51. United States engineer who pioneered mathematical communication theory (born in 1916).
54. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
55. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
58. Port city in northwestern Belgium and industrial center.
59. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
62. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
65. A tube in which a body fluid circulates.
66. (crystallography) Having three unequal crystal axes intersecting at oblique angles.
67. Moderately warm.
69. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
70. Any of various usually poisonous plants of the genus Aconitum having tuberous roots and palmately lobed leaves and blue or white flowers.
73. Large black-and-white herbivorous mammal of bamboo forests of China and Tibet.
76. On that.
78. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
80. Relating to or characteristic of regions of western parts of the world.
82. Predacious long-bodied large-eyed insect of warm regions.
84. Capital of the state of Oregon in the northwestern part of the state on the Willamette River.
85. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
89. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
90. Possible to sell.
93. An encroachment or intrusion.
95. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
96. (Greek mythology) The Muse of lyric and love poetry.
97. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
99. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
100. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
101. Of uncertain outcome.
102. Especially one side of a leaf.
103. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
1. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
2. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
3. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
4. A bachelor's degree in science.
5. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
6. Australian moundbird.
7. Having unattractive thinness.
8. (computer science) American Standard Code for Information Interchange.
9. Clear or deep perception of a situation.
10. Informal terms for a mother.
11. A gun that propels a projectile by compressed air.
12. A master's degree in fine arts.
13. Bony fishes of the southern hemisphere that breathe by a modified air bladder as well as gills.
14. Largest known toad species.
15. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
21. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
23. A large vase that usually has a pedestal or feet.
25. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
27. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
31. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
33. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
35. A battle between the French and an alliance of Spaniards and Swiss and Venetians in 1512.
36. One of the three Furies.
38. An associate degree in applied science.
39. Italian painter and sculptor and engineer and scientist and architect.
40. A person who lives and works on land.
43. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
44. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
48. Being or located on or directed toward the side of the body to the west when facing north.
49. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
52. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
53. A tranquilizer (trade name Navane) used to treat schizophrenia.
56. Back and sides of a hog salted and dried or smoked.
57. Containing or filled with salt.
60. Enter uninvited.
61. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
63. Two performers or singers who perform together.
64. A person afflicted with leprosy.
68. United States filmmaker who with his brothers founded the movie studio that produced the first talking picture (1881-1958).
71. A boy who delivers newspapers.
72. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
74. A bicycle with two sets of pedals and two seats.
75. Above the surround or above the normal position.
76. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
77. English actor who edited the first folio of Shakespeare's plays (1556-1630).
78. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
79. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
80. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
81. A natural and periodic state of rest during which consciousness of the world is suspended.
83. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
84. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
86. Trailing grass native to Europe now cosmopolitan in warm regions.
87. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
88. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
91. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
92. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
94. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
98. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.