1. Russian physicist (1895-1971).
5. An ancient city (widely regarded as the world's oldest) and present capital and largest city of Syria.
13. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
17. Type genus of the family Unionidae.
18. Joyful and proud especially because of triumph or success.
19. Look at with amorous intentions.
20. Belonging to or participated in by a community as a whole.
21. A thin porridge or soup (usually oatmeal and water flavored with meat).
22. A heavy long-handled hammer used to drive stakes or wedges.
23. A rounded projection or protuberance.
24. An ancient kingdom in northern Mesopotamia which is in present-day Iraq.
27. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
29. A city of central China.
31. Genus of tropical American epiphytic orchids having striking axillary racemes of yellow to green spiderlike flowers with long slender sepals and warty lips.
33. The longest division of geological time.
36. Wearing or provided with clothing.
40. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
41. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
42. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
44. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
46. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
47. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
49. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
52. The yield from plants in a single growing season.
55. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
56. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
57. The basic unit of money in Papua New Guinea.
58. Subject to a ruling authority.
60. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
63. (British slang) An absolute certainty.
64. A small vessel with a rim curved to fit the orbit of the eye.
65. With the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe.
66. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
68. Greek author of fables (circa 620-560 BC).
69. Belonging to some prior time.
70. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
73. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
77. An epigrammatic Japanese verse form of three short lines.
83. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
87. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
88. Harmed or injured or spoiled.
90. Regional and archaic.
92. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
93. Lower in esteem.
94. In bed.
96. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
97. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
98. An avalanche volcanic water and mud down the slopes of a volcano.
99. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
100. A nuclear reactor that uses water as a coolant and moderator.
1. A narrow flattened pleat or fold that is stitched in place v 1.
2. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
3. Evergreen Australasian tree having white or silvery bark and young leaves and yellow flowers.
4. A port city in southern Kenya on a coral island in a bay of the Indian Ocean.
5. A mountain in south central Alaska.
6. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
7. A state of confusion and disorderliness.
8. A colorless flammable gas used chiefly in welding and in organic synthesis.
9. A disorderly outburst or tumult.
10. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
11. Cause to feel relaxed.
12. An infection of the sebaceous gland of the eyelid.
13. A member of the Shoshonean people who formerly lived between Wyoming and the Mexican border but are now chiefly in Oklahoma.
14. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
15. Having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky.
16. Cut off the testicles.
25. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
26. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
28. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
30. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
32. A (temporary) relief from harm or discomfort.
34. An eyelike marking (as on the wings of some butterflies).
35. The 13th letter of the Greek alphabet.
37. A human limb.
38. Acting according to certain accepted standards.
39. Driven insane.
43. South American cavy.
45. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
48. English novelist (born in Poland) noted for sea stories and for his narrative technique (1857-1924).
50. Flavorful relish or dressing or topping served as an accompaniment to food v 1.
51. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
53. Apostle and patron saint of Ireland.
54. Someone who cuts and delivers ice.
59. A body of poetry that conveys the traditions of a society by treating some epic theme.
61. Ridge-like ingrowth of the exoskeleton of an arthropod that supports internal organs and provides attachment points for muscles.
62. A formation of people or things one beside another.
67. (zoology) Lacking a tail or taillike appendage.
68. A mountain in south central Alaska.
71. Jewish republic in southwestern Asia at eastern end of Mediterranean.
72. A state in New England.
74. An athlete who plays basketball.
75. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
76. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
78. American novelist (1909-1955).
79. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
80. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
81. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
82. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
83. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
84. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
85. Black birds having a raucous call.
86. The sixth month of the civil year.
89. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
91. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
95. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.