1. The sound made by a cow or bull.
4. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
8. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
12. Employed in accomplishing something.
16. (usually followed by `to') Naturally disposed toward.
17. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
18. Any of a family of bowed stringed instruments that preceded the violin family.
19. A river in northwestern Russia flowing generally west into the Gulf of Finland.
20. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
22. Top part of an apron.
23. A coarse prickly European weed with spikes of blue flowers.
24. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
26. Using speech rather than writing.
27. A genus of Mustelidae.
28. A landlocked principality in the Himalayas northeast of India.
30. An associate degree in nursing.
32. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
35. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
37. A Kachinic language.
41. A person devoted to refined sensuous enjoyment (especially good food and drink).
43. Having a melody (as distinguished from recitative).
45. A unit of power equal to 746 watts.
46. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
49. Flesh of scaleless food fish of the southern United States.
51. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
55. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
56. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
58. 100 seniti equal 1 pa'anga.
61. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
62. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
63. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
64. An African river that flows northwest into Lake Chad.
65. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
69. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
70. A Russian river.
71. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
72. By bad luck.
73. American political cartoonist (1840-1902).
74. Wading bird of South and Central America.
78. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
80. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
83. Squash bugs.
85. Czech novelist who wrote in German about a nightmarish world of isolated and troubled individuals (1883-1924).
89. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
90. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
94. Wild and domestic cattle.
95. Leave immediately.
96. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
98. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
99. In or of the month preceding the present one.
100. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
101. A small cake leavened with yeast.
102. An argument opposed to a proposal.
1. God of death.
2. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
3. Of or relating to near the ear.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
6. The type of environment in which an organism or group normally lives or occurs.
7. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
8. A unit of energy equal to the work done by an electron accelerated through a potential difference of 1 volt.
9. A small faint zodiacal constellation in the southern hemisphere.
10. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
11. The twelfth month of the civil year.
12. Not weaned.
13. Having vision, not blind n 1.
14. At any time.
15. An informal term for a father.
21. A city in central Tanzania.
25. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
29. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
31. A Loloish language.
33. A conditional conveyance of property as security for the repayment of a loan.
34. 15th President of the United States (1791-1868).
36. New Zealand conifer.
38. (sport) Used of your own ground.
39. A genus of grasses with broad leaves and a dense spike of flowers.
40. A person disposed to take a favorable view of things.
42. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
44. Dark brown American hawk species having a reddish-brown tail.
47. Of or relating to or involving an area.
48. A name under which Ninkhursag was worshipped.
50. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
52. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
53. A rectangular block of hewn stone used for building purposes.
54. (Hinduism and Buddhism) The beatitude that transcends the cycle of reincarnation.
57. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
59. Being nine more than ninety.
60. A stiff protective garment worn by hockey players or a catcher in baseball to protect the shins.
66. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
67. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
68. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
75. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
76. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
77. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
79. Jordan's port.
80. Freed of dependence on something especially (for mammals) mother's milk.
81. Absent without permission.
82. In or of the present month.
84. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
86. A federally sponsored corporation that insures accounts in national banks and other qualified institutions.
87. One thousand grams.
88. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
91. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
92. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
93. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
97. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.