1. A licensed medical practitioner.
4. Small short-eared burrowing mammal of rocky uplands of Asia and western North America.
8. A federally sponsored corporation that insures accounts in national banks and other qualified institutions.
12. Female equine animal.
16. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
17. The sixth month of the civil year.
18. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
19. Inspired by a feeling of fearful wonderment or reverence.
21. Relating to or resembling a carina.
23. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
24. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
26. A flexible pipe for conveying a liquid or gas.
28. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
29. A small cake leavened with yeast.
30. An endorsement.
32. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
33. Used of a single unit or thing.
35. United States evangelist (born 1918).
40. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
42. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
45. A book of the New Testament.
49. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
51. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
52. Type genus of the Anatidae.
53. (Scotland) A slope or hillside.
54. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
55. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
57. A slow pace of running.
58. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
62. Offensively malodorous.
63. Czechoslovakian religious reformer who anticipated the Reformation.
65. Sole genus of the family Naiadaceae.
67. Contemptuous name for a Black man who is abjectly servile and deferential to Whites.
68. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
72. The 12th letter of the Greek alphabet.
74. Be in accord.
76. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
78. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
79. Patterned by having color applied with sweeping strokes.
84. Being one more than seven.
86. The act of escaping physically.
90. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
93. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
94. Type genus of the family Ulvaceae.
95. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
96. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
98. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
99. (archaic) A fitting reward.
100. A loose material consisting of grains of rock or coral.
101. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
102. The month following February and preceding April.
1. The brightest star in Cygnus.
2. A member of a people in India living in Orissa and neighboring areas.
3. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
4. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
5. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
6. A member of a North American Indian people of the Klamath river valley in northern California.
7. Come into existence.
8. Any broad thin and limber covering attached at one edge.
9. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
10. Being one more than three.
11. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
12. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. (sometimes followed by `of') Having or showing realization or perception.
14. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
15. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
22. Indian statesman and leader with Gandhi in the struggle for home rule.
25. A bar of sand.
27. A representation of the Virgin Mary mourning over the dead body of Jesus.
31. A New England state.
34. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
36. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
37. A Japanese cheer of enthusiasm or triumph.
38. The 20th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
39. Dark somewhat brownish black n 1.
41. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
43. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
44. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
46. Any of several lichens of the genus Parmelia from which reddish brown or purple dyes are made.
47. Granular preparation of cassava starch used to thicken especially puddings.
48. A dealer in seeds.
50. Lower in esteem.
56. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
59. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
60. Large family of important mostly marine food fishes.
61. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying the primeval sea.
64. A loop in a rope.
66. Sink below the surface.
69. The holy city of Shiite Muslims.
70. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
71. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
73. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
75. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
77. United States painter born in Germany.
80. An industrial city in northern France near the Belgian border.
81. Tropical American plants with basal rosettes of fibrous sword-shaped leaves and flowers in tall spikes.
82. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
83. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
84. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
85. Stately heavy-bodied aquatic bird with very long neck and usually white plumage as adult v 1.
87. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
88. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
89. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
91. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
92. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
97. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.