1. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
4. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
9. The noise of a rounded object dropping into a liquid without a splash adv.
13. A boy or man.
16. Black tropical American cuckoo.
17. An intricate traditional dance in India performed by professional dancing girls.
18. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
19. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
20. The official published verbatim report of the proceedings of a parliamentary body.
22. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
24. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
25. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
26. Small free-swimming tunicates.
29. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
30. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
32. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
37. A person active in party politics.
40. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
42. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
45. A body of poetry that conveys the traditions of a society by treating some epic theme.
47. Small family of usually tropical butterflies.
50. On or toward the lee.
52. An accounting entry acknowledging sums that are owing.
54. A motley assortment of things.
55. Enthusiastic approval.
56. Of or relating to Iraq or its people or culture.
57. A colorless volatile water-soluble liquid aldehyde used chiefly in manufacture of acetic acid and perfumes and drugs.
59. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
60. A throne that is the official chair of a bishop.
62. A musical notation written on a staff indicating the pitch of the notes following it.
63. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
64. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
65. A region rich in petroleum deposits (especially one with producing oil wells).
69. Make difficult to perceive by sight.
72. An associate degree in nursing.
73. The square of a body of any size of type.
74. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
79. American novelist (1909-1955).
82. Usually elongate cluster of flowers along the main stem in which the flowers at the base open first.
83. One or more recordings issued together.
87. Large tropical butterfly with degenerate forelegs and an unpleasant taste.
90. Too numerous to be counted.
92. A narrow way or road.
93. United States architect (born in China in 1917).
94. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
96. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
97. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
98. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
99. By bad luck.
100. (comparative of `little' usually used with mass nouns) Quantifier meaning not as great in amount or degree.
101. The act of drawing or hauling something.
1. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
2. Not elegant or graceful in expression.
3. A fabric woven with fibers from the flax plant.
4. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
5. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
6. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
7. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
8. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
9. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
10. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
11. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
12. Liquid excretory product.
13. 1 species.
14. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
15. English clergyman and metaphysical poet celebrated as a preacher (1572-1631).
21. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
23. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
27. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
28. The quality of being secluded from the presence or view of others.
31. The products of human creativity.
33. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
34. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
35. French painter (born in Russia) noted for his imagery and brilliant colors (1887-1985).
36. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
38. Direct or control.
39. Having or resembling a lobe or lobes.
41. The eleventh month of the Hindu calendar.
43. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
44. A word that is used metonymically.
46. Of or relating to the Sikhs or Sikhism.
48. Relating to or accompanying birth.
49. An artistic form of nonverbal communication.
51. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
53. Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front.
58. A projecting ridge on a mountain or submerged under water.
61. An uproarious party.
66. Not plain.
67. The first beta blocker (trade name Inderal) used in treating hypertension and angina pectoris and essential tremor.
68. (Jewish cookery) A loaf of white bread containing eggs and leavened with yeast.
69. 1 species.
70. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
71. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
75. United States designer noted for an innovative series of chairs (1907-1978).
76. A compound derived from ammonia by replacing hydrogen atoms by univalent hydrocarbon radicals.
77. How a result is obtained or an end is achieved.
78. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
80. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
81. A town in north central Oklahoma.
84. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
85. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
86. Common black European thrush.
88. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
89. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
91. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
95. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.