1. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
4. An area in which something acts or operates or has power or control.
9. A self-replicating protein molecule that occupies a fixed place on a chromosome.
13. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
16. A period of time spent sleeping.
17. A semiliquid mass of partially digested food that passes from the stomach through the pyloric sphincter into the duodenum.
18. By bad luck.
19. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
20. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
21. (trademark) An antacid.
23. Informal terms for urination.
25. United States anarchist (born in Italy) who with Bartolomeo Vanzetti was convicted of murder and in spite of world-wide protest was executed (1891-1927).
27. Disposed to please.
28. American novelist (1909-1955).
29. Again but in a new or different way.
30. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
31. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
33. Very dark black.
37. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
39. The sound of sheep or goats (or any sound resembling this) v 1.
42. To patch up or renovate.
44. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
46. A female domestic.
48. A soft yellowish-white trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
49. Advanced in years.
50. (law) A party to a lawsuit.
54. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
56. The muscular back part of the shank.
57. (linguistics) Belonging to the class of nouns that denote living beings.
59. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
61. A small island.
63. 100 fen equal 1 yuan.
64. (usually in the plural) Underpants worn by women.
67. Type and sole genus of the family Leiopelmatidae.
69. Lacking excess flesh.
70. Not bringing death.
73. Being three more than fifty.
74. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
75. A squeeze with the fingers.
76. Of or relating to or functioning as a clause.
78. Of or relating to or characteristic of Ghana or its people or language.
81. An affirmative.
82. Celebes megapode that lays eggs in holes in sandy beaches.
85. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
87. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
91. Sour or bitter in taste.
93. Property that is leased or rented out or let.
94. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
95. An unbroken or imperfectly broken mustang.
97. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
99. Fiddler crabs.
100. A doctor's degree in education.
101. Grasslike or rushlike plant growing in wet places having solid stems, narrow grasslike leaves and spikelets of inconspicuous flowers.
102. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
103. A doctor's degree in theology.
1. Type genus of the Anatidae.
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
4. A word formed from the initial letters of a multi-word name.
5. A unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
6. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
7. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
8. Tropical New World lizard with a long tail and large rectangular scales on the belly and a long tail.
9. Talks a great deal about uninteresting topics.
10. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
11. Greek mythology.
12. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
13. Small tropical flea.
14. A narrow way or road.
15. English prelate noted for his pessimistic sermons and articles (1860-1954).
22. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
24. The dignity or rank or position of an earl or countess.
26. A nation in northern North America.
32. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
34. Filled with wonder and delight.
35. An electrical load that exceeds the available electrical power.
36. French filmmaker (1908-1982).
38. Suffering from a partial loss of memory.
40. Large siphonophore of up to 50 ft long.
41. A wooden peg that is used to fasten timbers in shipbuilding.
43. That part of the ovary of a flowering plant where the ovules form.
45. Disability of walking due to crippling of the legs or feet.
47. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
51. Growing abnormally into the flesh.
52. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
53. Departing or being caused to depart from the true vertical or horizontal.
55. The capital and largest city of Georgia on the Kura river.
58. The month following August and preceding October.
60. The square of a body of any size of type.
62. Ice cream or water ice on a small wooden stick.
65. Medieval artillery used during sieges.
66. Not openly expressed.
68. A liquid solution that results from elution.
71. Glazed earthenware decorated with opaque colors.
72. Jordan's port.
77. Ancient name for the coastal region of northwestern Asia Minor (including Lesbos).
79. Notable English cricketer (1882-1963).
80. Italian chemist noted for work on polymers (1903-1979).
83. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
84. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
86. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
87. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
88. Pulled or drawn tight.
89. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
90. Having been read.
92. The vessel that contains the seeds of a plant (not the seeds themselves).
96. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
98. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.