1. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
4. (botany) Especially of leaves.
9. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
13. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. An impure form of quartz consisting of banded chalcedony.
18. The eighth month of the civil year.
19. Fiddler crabs.
20. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
21. A republic on the west coast of Africa.
22. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
23. Black tropical American cuckoo.
24. An honorary arts degree.
26. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
27. Affected with palsy or uncontrollable tremor.
29. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
32. A landlocked republic in central Africa.
35. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
36. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
39. Any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange.
40. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
44. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
45. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
46. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
47. Hoop that covers a wheel.
48. Small depression under the shoulder joint where the arm joins the shoulder.
51. An investment trust that owns and manages a pool of commercial properties and mortgages and other real estate asssets.
53. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
54. Capable of being sunk.
56. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
57. An early form of modern jazz (originating around 1940).
59. A word or phrase spelled by rearranging the letters of another word or phrase.
60. Contemptuous name for a Black man who is abjectly servile and deferential to Whites.
61. Very attentive or observant.
63. A purgative made from the leaves of aloe.
64. Of or on or relating to the seashore.
66. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
67. Wild ox.
68. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
70. (Norse mythology) The primeval giant slain by Odin and his brothers and from whose body they created the world.
71. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
73. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
76. A short sleeveless outer tunic emblazoned with a coat of arms.
79. American dramatist (1928- ).
80. French naturalist who proposed that evolution resulted from the inheritance of acquired characteristics (1744-1829).
84. A quantity of no importance.
88. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
89. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
93. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
94. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
96. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
99. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
100. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
101. Jordan's port.
102. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
103. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
1. Evergreen tree of eastern Asia and Philippines having large leathery leaves and small green-white flowers in compact cymes.
2. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
3. A small narrow pointed missile that is thrown or shot.
4. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
7. Make amends for.
8. Russian founder of the Bolsheviks and leader of the Russian Revolution and first head of the USSR (1870-1924).
9. Injured by bites or stings.
10. Low spreading tropical American shrub with long slender leaves used to make a mildly stimulating drink resembling tea.
11. A bottle with a stopper.
12. Norse chieftan who became the first duke of Normandy (860-931).
13. Hard greenish-brown wood of the lignum vitae tree and other trees of the genus Guaiacum.
14. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
15. Set down according to a plan.
25. A member of the eastern branch of the Sioux.
28. A range of mountains (usually with jagged peaks and irregular outline).
30. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
31. Shockingly repellent.
33. Having a single pole.
34. The speed of an aircraft relative to the air in which it is flying.
37. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
38. One of a series of similar body segments into which some animals are divided longitudinally.
41. A monocotyledonous genus of the family Iridaceae.
42. Of a vivid red to reddish-orange color.
43. Natural nitrogen-containing bases found in plants.
49. Chief port and economic center of Nigeria.
50. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
52. Place in a grave or tomb.
55. French explorer who claimed Louisiana for France (1643-1687).
58. A New England state.
62. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
65. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
69. A small cake leavened with yeast.
72. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
73. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
74. Austrian physician who developed a rotational method for testing the middle ear (1876-1936).
75. A state in New England.
77. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
78. Jordan's port.
79. Used of a single unit or thing.
81. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
82. A female domestic.
83. An associate degree in nursing.
85. Type genus of the Anatidae.
86. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
87. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
90. A light touch or stroke.
91. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
92. (informal) Of very poor quality.
95. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
97. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
98. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.