1. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
4. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
8. A small loosely aggregated mass of flocculent material suspended in or precipitated from a liquid.
12. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
16. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
17. A Hindu prince or king in India.
18. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
19. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
20. Lawn grasses native to southeastern Asia and New Zealand.
22. Ability to make judgments free from discrimination or dishonesty.
24. A branch of the Tai languages.
25. City in northwestern Jordan.
26. Showing or causing joy and pleasure.
27. A black mineral that is an ore of niobium and tantalum.
29. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
31. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
33. Not out.
35. Either extremity of something that has length.
36. An area that includes seats for several people.
38. Pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America.
42. A plain plinth that supports a wall.
45. A potent narcotic antagonist (trade name Narcan) especially effective with morphine.
46. Of or relating to near the ear.
52. An island republic on Nauru Island.
53. A school teaching mechanical and industrial arts and the applied sciences.
54. A country north of Ethiopia on the Red Sea.
55. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
56. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
58. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
59. The mints.
61. A genus of Ploceidae.
63. Gay or light-hearted recreational activity for diversion or amusement.
65. Upright in position or posture.
66. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
67. Being nine more than forty.
68. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
70. An expression of greeting.
71. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
72. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
75. Verse in the meter used in Greek and Latin poetry consisting of strophes of 4 tetrametric lines.
79. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
80. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
82. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
83. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
90. A member of the Mongolian people of central Asia who invaded Russia in the 13th century.
93. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
94. A unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
95. Established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules.
97. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
99. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
100. United States sculptor and architect whose public works include the memorial to veterans of the Vietnam War in Washington (born in 1959).
101. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
102. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
103. Two items of the same kind.
1. Empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk.
2. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
3. (in Scotland) A child.
4. Beautiful daughter of Minos and Pasiphae.
5. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
6. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.
7. Imperial moths.
8. A reserve of money set aside for some purpose.
9. An honorary law degree.
10. Genus of European subshrubs or herbs having pink or purple or yellow solitary or clustered flowers.
11. A member of an American Indian peoples of NE South America and the Lesser Antilles.
12. The capital of Australia.
13. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
14. Altered from an originally straight condition.
15. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
21. (informal) A crushing remark.
23. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
28. A sheer stiff muslin.
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
32. A linear unit of length equal to 12 inches or a third of a yard.
34. A pocket-size case for holding papers and paper money.
37. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
39. Ending in a sharp point.
40. A group of street musicians in Mexico.
41. Of or relating to an inability to urinate.
43. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
44. The act of searching for food and provisions.
47. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
48. United States writer (born in 1925).
49. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
50. Australian evergreen shrubs.
51. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
57. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
60. A member of the Caddo people who formerly lived in the Dakotas west of the Missouri river.
62. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
64. A bachelor's degree in science.
69. Dried bark of the cascara buckthorn used as a laxative.
73. The cry made by sheep.
74. Humorously vulgar.
76. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
77. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
78. A thin tapered rod used by a conductor to direct an orchestra.
81. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
84. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
85. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
86. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
87. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
88. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
89. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
91. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
92. An associate degree in applied science.
96. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
98. A soft silvery metallic element.