1. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
4. A minute epidermal pore in a leaf or stem.
9. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
13. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. Swiss mathematician (1707-1783).
18. Highly excited.
19. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
20. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
21. Administer an oil or ointment to.
22. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
23. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
24. (informal) Exceptionally good.
26. A jamb for a door.
28. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
30. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
31. Deciduous shrub of North America.
32. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
36. Formerly the chief magistrate in the republics of Venice and Genoa.
40. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
41. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
42. An ascocarp having the spore-bearing layer of cells (the hymenium) on a broad disklike receptacle.
46. Covered or furnished with tiles.
48. At a specific prior time.
49. The range of the eye.
50. A river in southeastern France.
51. Type genus of the Soleidae.
53. Any spatial attribute (especially as defined by outline).
54. (of roads) Made of logs laid down crosswise.
55. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
56. Tall tufted perennial grasses (such as lyme grass or wild rye).
58. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
59. Deduce (a principle) or construe (a meaning).
61. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
65. Rock that form the continuous lower layer of the earth's crust.
66. The domain controlled by an emir.
68. A city in southeastern South Korea.
69. Rise or heave upward under the influence of a natural force, as on a wave.
71. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
73. The time during which someone's life continues.
74. A hard ferromagnetic silver-white bivalent or trivalent metallic element.
76. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
77. Play in which children take the roles of firemen and pretend to put out a fire.
83. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
87. The capital and largest city of Georgia on the Kura river.
90. An associate degree in applied science.
91. Ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measure = 1.5 gallons.
92. A name under which Ninkhursag was worshipped.
94. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
95. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
96. White crystalline compound used as a food additive to enhance flavor.
97. Any of various large keen-sighted diurnal birds of prey noted for their broad wings and strong soaring flight.
98. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
99. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
1. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
2. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
3. Chief deity of Zoroastrianism.
4. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
5. A vast treeless plain in the arctic regions between the ice cap and the tree line.
6. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
7. Any of numerous fruits of the gourd family having a hard rind and sweet juicy flesh.
8. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
9. Covered with paving material.
10. An Old World reptile family of Sauria.
11. An informal term for a youth or man.
12. Gone by.
13. (Middle East) Usually small round bread that can open into a pocket for filling.
14. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
15. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
25. A person who gains weight.
27. Pungent fleshy edible root.
29. The academic world.
33. Of writing or narration.
34. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
35. A drawstring bag for holding money.
37. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
38. Eating earth or clay or chalk.
39. Langur of southern Asia.
43. Large stork-like bird of the valley of the White Nile with a broad bill suggesting a wooden shoe.
44. Sideboard with compartments for holding bottles.
45. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
47. An erect or climbing bean or pea plant of the family Leguminosae.
52. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
57. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
60. A notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat.
62. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
63. A genus of Ploceidae.
64. Seed of a pea plant.
67. Rich in significance or implication.
68. Any of numerous fruits of the gourd family having a hard rind and sweet juicy flesh.
70. A clergyman.
72. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
73. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
75. An oil port in southern Iraq.
78. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
79. A characteristic sound.
80. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
81. A large mountain system in south-central Europe.
82. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
84. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
85. The lean flesh of a fish that is often farmed.
86. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
88. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
89. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
93. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.