1. An adherent of any branch of Taoism.
4. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
8. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
12. Tree of low-lying coastal areas of southeastern United States having glossy leaves and racemes of fragrant white flowers.
16. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
17. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
18. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
19. Divisible by two.
20. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
21. Of the color of rust.
22. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
23. The last imperial dynasty of China (from 1644 to 1912) which was overthrown by revolutionaries.
24. Unwind or untwist.
26. Eaten as mush or as a thin gruel.
29. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
31. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
33. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
36. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
38. The granite-like rocks that form the outermost layer of the earth's crust.
41. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
43. Wearing or provided with clothing.
44. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
46. Long-legged web-footed black-and-white shorebird with slender upward-curving bill.
48. An ancient musical horn made from the horn of a ram.
51. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
52. A canvas or leather bag for carrying game (especially birds) killed by a hunter.
54. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
55. Cause to lose one's nerve.
57. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
58. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
61. (trademark) A liquid that temporarily disables a person.
62. Estrangement from god.
63. Having a back or backing, usually of a specified type.
66. A state in east central United States.
69. Made of fir or pine.
71. A local computer network for communication between computers.
72. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
75. The residue that remains when something is burned.
77. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
79. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
80. Type genus of the Amiidae.
82. Avatar of Vishnu.
86. A constitutional monarchy on the western part of the islands of Samoa in the South Pacific.
91. Little known Kamarupan languages.
92. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
94. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
96. Be idle.
97. The habitation of wild animals.
98. Having been read.
100. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
101. A person who is the victim of ridicule or exploitation by some hostile person or influence.
102. Large lipoproteins rich in triglycerides.
103. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
104. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
1. Forbidden to profane use especially in South Pacific islands.
2. Chief port of Yemen.
3. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
4. An Asian republic in the Middle East at the east end of the Mediterranean.
5. part of the peritoneum attached to the stomach and to the colon and covering the intestines.
6. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
7. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
8. An imaginary place of great wealth and opportunity.
9. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
10. Pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. Mexican liquor made from fermented juices of an Agave plant.
13. Overgrown with ivy.
14. Have a tendency or disposition to do or be something.
15. English prelate noted for his pessimistic sermons and articles (1860-1954).
25. Germanic barbarian leader who ended the western Roman Empire in 476 and became the first barbarian ruler of Italy (434-493).
27. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
28. A fraudulent business scheme.
30. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
32. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
34. Ruinously destructive and wasting.
35. Indicator provided by the stationary arm whose shadow indicates the time on the sundial.
37. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
39. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
40. Of or relating to or characteristic of Guinea or its inhabitants.
42. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
45. A medieval hood of mail suspended from a basinet to protect the head and neck.
47. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
49. Widely known and esteemed.
50. The academic world.
53. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
56. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
59. A small cake leavened with yeast.
60. A state in northwestern North America.
64. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
65. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
67. A country on western coast of Africa.
68. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
70. (biology) Nearest to or facing toward the axis of an organ or organism.
73. Relating to the Lamaze method of childbirth.
74. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
76. A fastener for a door or lid.
78. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
81. A Bantu language spoken in southern coastal Tanzania.
82. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
83. The superior of an abbey of monks.
84. Of silk fabric.
85. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
87. The sixth month of the civil year.
88. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
89. A town in north central Oklahoma.
90. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
93. Being five more than one hundred fifty.
95. A rapid bustling commotion.
99. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).