1. One thousandth of a second.
5. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
13. Male red deer.
17. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
18. White Southerner supporting Reconstruction policies after the Civil War usually for self-interest.
19. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
20. A young woman.
21. Perceive sound.
22. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
23. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
24. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
27. The capital of the Mexican state of Yucatan.
29. The income arising from land or other property.
31. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
32. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
34. Large genus of terrestrial ferns of tropics and subtropics.
36. (trademark) An alloy of iron and nickel having a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
38. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
42. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
43. An associate degree in nursing.
44. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
45. A genus of temperate and arctic evergreen trees (see spruce).
46. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
52. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
53. A festival featuring African-American culture.
55. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
56. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
59. Avatar of Vishnu.
60. Tiny leafy-stemmed flowerless plants.
62. The capital and largest city of Libya.
64. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
65. The third compartment of the stomach of a ruminant.
68. One of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief.
69. An English pirate who operated in the Caribbean and off the Atlantic coast of North America (died in 1718).
71. Having winglike extensions.
73. A town in southwestern Idaho.
74. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
76. An elaborate song for solo voice.
78. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
79. 1/10 gram.
83. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
84. Having little physical or spiritual strength.
85. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
88. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
92. Alsatian artist and poet who was cofounder of Dadaism in Zurich.
95. A state of lawlessness and disorder (usually resulting from a failure of government).
97. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
98. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
100. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
101. 100 fen equal 1 yuan.
102. (astronomy) An indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels.
103. A stock exchange in New York.
104. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
1. Black honeycreepers with yellow feathers around the tail.
2. A small piece of anything (especially a piece that has been snipped off).
3. Old World tropical herbs.
4. Dried bark of the cascara buckthorn used as a laxative.
5. A note appended to a letter after the signature.
6. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
7. A substance derived from amygdalin.
8. Any of several trees of the genus Platanus having thin pale bark that scales off in small plates and lobed leaves and ball-shaped heads of fruits.
9. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
10. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.
11. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
12. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
13. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
14. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
15. In bed.
16. Offering fun and gaiety.
25. A city in north central Morocco.
26. A card game for 2 players.
28. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
30. Related by blood.
33. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
35. Articles of commerce made of tin plate.
37. Meat from a calf.
39. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
40. Goat grass.
41. The honeycreepers.
47. Silkworm moths.
48. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
49. Leafless East Indian vine.
50. The sacred city of Lamaism.
51. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
54. A city in southwestern Russia in a valley of the Caucasus Mountains.
57. A city of central China.
58. Informal terms for a mother.
61. Capital of the state of Oregon in the northwestern part of the state on the Willamette River.
63. A diver who searches for molluscs containing pearls.
66. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
67. Common black European thrush.
70. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
72. Of or relating to the diet.
73. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
75. Nicaraguan statesman (born in 1945).
77. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
80. Suggestive of the supernatural.
81. Flesh of a castrated male chicken.
82. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
86. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
87. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
89. The highest level or degree attainable.
90. A small fragment of something broken off from the whole.
91. Type genus of the Hylidae.
93. British informal term.
94. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
95. An associate degree in nursing.
96. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
99. In operation or operational.