1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. The official of a synagogue who conducts the liturgical part of the service and sings or chants the prayers intended to be performed as solos.
9. Area around the altar of a church for the clergy and choir.
13. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
16. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
17. (biology) Having or resembling wings.
18. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
19. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
20. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
21. Covered with or as if with clothes or a wrap or cloak.
23. An officer of the law.
25. Squash bugs.
27. Type genus of the family Zygnemataceae.
29. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
30. A long piece of brightly colored cloth (cotton or silk) used as clothing (a skirt or loincloth or sash etc.) in India and Pakistan and Burma.
31. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
33. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
35. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
41. A state in midwestern United States.
43. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
45. Singing jazz.
46. Austrian composer known for his compositions for voice and piano (1797-1828).
50. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
51. Any utterance produced simultaneously by a group.
52. City in northeast Pakistan.
55. Fleshy folds of tissue as those surrounding the mouth.
56. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
57. Insectivorous usually semiaquatic web-footed amphibian with smooth moist skin and long hind legs.
59. The ending of a series or sequence.
62. An iconic mental representation.
63. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
66. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
67. Half the width of an em.
68. The taste experience when vinegar or lemon juice is taken into the mouth.
70. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
71. French biochemist who (with Francois Jacob) explained how genes are activated and suggested the existence of messenger RNA (1910-1976).
74. A city in east central Texas.
77. An intersection or crossing of two tracts in the form of the letter X.
80. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
84. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
87. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
89. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
90. A bachelor's degree in theology.
91. Of or relating to the feet.
92. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
93. The month following January and preceding March.
94. A shape that sags.
95. A yellow pungent volatile oil (trade name Agene) formerly used for bleaching and aging flour.
96. A small cake leavened with yeast.
97. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
1. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
2. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
3. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
4. (Old Testament) The minister of the Persian emperor who hated the Jews and was hanged for plotting to massacre them.
5. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
6. An island in the Indian Ocean off the east coast of Africa.
7. Showily imitative of art or artists.
8. Large Indian antelope.
9. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
10. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
11. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
12. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
13. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
14. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
15. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
22. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
24. A whimsical idea.
26. An abundant tasteless odorless multivalent nonmetallic element.
28. A metric unit of volume equal to one thousandth of a liter.
32. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. A Shinto god of war.
36. A unit of weight used in some Moslem countries near the Mediterranean.
37. A noblewoman who holds the rank of baron or who is the wife or widow of a baron.
38. Having prongs or tines.
39. Be about.
40. A flammable colorless gaseous alkene.
42. Flat tableland with steep edges.
44. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
47. A populous province in northeastern China.
48. An imaginary monster used to frighten children.
49. A personal attractiveness that enables you to influence others.
53. A sharp narrow ridge found in rugged mountains.
54. A fraudulent business scheme.
58. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
60. Something whose name is either forgotten or not known.
61. Of or relating to Mahatma Gandhi or his teachings.
64. Thick heavy expensive material with a raised pattern.
65. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
69. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
72. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
73. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
75. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
76. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
78. Not in action or at work.
79. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
81. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
82. A large genus of dicotyledonous trees and shrubs of the family Aquifoliaceae that have small flowers and berries (including hollies).
83. A French abbot.
85. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
86. Two-year-old sheep.
88. A light touch or stroke.