1. (music) The pace of music measured by the number of beats occurring in 60 seconds.
4. Device for resetting instruments or controls v 1.
9. Disability of walking due to crippling of the legs or feet.
13. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
16. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
17. Russian pancake of buckwheat flour and yeast.
18. Goddess of fate.
19. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
20. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
22. The crescent-shaped area at the base of the human fingernail.
24. A drama set to music.
26. The sixth month of the civil year.
28. Suggestive of the supernatural.
29. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
31. United States chemist (1839-1903).
33. Relating to of containing or affecting blood.
37. A plaything that is ridden up and down by children at either end.
41. Located inward.
42. Make opalescent.
47. A city in east central Texas.
48. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
50. Type genus of the Triglidae.
52. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
53. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
55. Qualities that attract by seeming to promise some kind of reward.
57. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
58. Type genus of the Ranidae.
60. A quantity of no importance.
61. A transuranic element.
64. Antibacterial agent used especially to treat genitourinary infections.
67. The capital of the state of Maine.
69. A river in southeastern France.
70. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
73. Of or relating to or supporting Islamism.
74. An abnormal condition in which a normal opening or tube in the body (as the urethra) is closed or absent.
76. A canvas or leather bag for carrying game (especially birds) killed by a hunter.
78. Outermost layer of the pericarp of fruits as the skin of a peach or grape.
80. A Powhatan Indian woman (the daughter of Powhatan) who befriended the English at Jamestown and is said to have saved Captain John Smith's life (1595-1617).
84. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
87. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
89. A sea nymph (part woman and part bird) supposed to lure sailors to destruction on the rocks where the nymphs lived.
90. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
91. The short weak cry of a young bird.
94. Disturb in mind or make uneasy or cause to be worried or alarmed.
96. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
97. Extremely pleasing.
98. The first of three divisions of the Hebrew Scriptures comprising the first five books of the Old Testament considered as a unit.
99. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
100. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
101. Used of a single unit or thing.
102. Any of various plants of the genus Senna having pinnately compound leaves and showy usually yellow flowers.
103. German naturalist whose speculations that plants and animals are made up of tiny living `infusoria' led to the cell theory (1779-1851).
104. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. Walk heavily and firmly, as when weary, or through mud.
3. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
4. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
5. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
6. United States operatic soprano (born in 1929).
7. (Babylonian) Any of a group of powerful earth spirits or genii.
8. Infections of the skin or nails caused by fungi and appearing as itching circular patches.
9. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
10. A native or inhabitant of Iran.
11. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
12. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
13. A European river.
14. A member of a rural Finnish people living in eastern Russia.
15. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
21. A Ukrainian peninsula between the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov.
23. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
25. 100 pesewas equal 1 cedi.
27. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
30. A song or hymn of mourning composed or performed as a memorial to a dead person.
32. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
34. A metrical unit with unstressed-unstressed-stressed syllables.
35. Pose a threat to.
36. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
38. A shape that sags.
39. Narrow and long and pointed.
40. A heavy gray-white metallic element.
43. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
44. An elaborate song for solo voice.
45. An Eskimo hut.
46. A Finnish steam bath.
49. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
51. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
54. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
56. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
59. United by being of the same opinion.
62. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
63. The sign language used in the United States.
65. (often used with `pay') A formal expression of esteem.
66. A drawing illustrating the relations between certain quantities plotted with reference to a set of axes.
68. The hide of a goat.
71. Sayings of Jesus not recorded in the canonical Gospels.
72. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
75. Being one more than one.
77. Go on board.
79. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
81. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
85. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
86. A French abbot.
88. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
89. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
92. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
93. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
95. European strong-scented perennial herb with gray-green bitter-tasting leaves.
96. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.