1. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
4. The skin that covers the top of the head.
9. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
13. A rapid bustling commotion.
16. The quality of a color as determined by its dominant wavelength.
17. Made from baking chocolate or cocoa powder and milk and sugar.
18. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
19. A conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures.
20. A city in northern India.
22. Foliose lichens chiefly of northern latitudes.
25. The British royal family since 1917.
26. Having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions.
28. A person who habitually pretends to be something he is not.
30. Take by theft.
32. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
35. (biology) Having or resembling wings.
36. Relating to or occurring or living in or frequenting the open ocean.
40. An inn in some Eastern countries with a large courtyard that provides accommodation for caravans.
41. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
43. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
44. A shaft on which a wheel rotates.
47. United States operatic soprano (born in 1929).
48. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
53. An audiotape recording of sound.
54. A loud harsh or strident noise.
56. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
58. A ship with a reinforced bow to break up ice and keep channels open for navigation.
60. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
61. Marked by the reception of pay.
62. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
63. Not final or absolute.
65. 1/10 gram.
67. Consisting of or resembling mother-of-pearl.
72. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
73. A member of the military police who polices soldiers and guards prisoners.
74. A Hindu prince or king in India.
77. Convey by horizontal mass movement of a fluid.
80. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
83. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Nalfon) used in the treatment of arthritis and other painful inflammatory disorders.
85. A mountain range in China.
87. Large highly venomous snake of northeastern Australia.
89. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
90. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
91. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
93. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
94. The virus that causes acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS).
95. The sign language used in the United States.
96. Full of flavor.
97. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
98. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
1. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
2. Tall evergreen of Japan and China yielding valuable soft wood.
3. Small slender gull having narrow wings and a forked tail.
4. A white trivalent metallic element.
5. A member of a North American Indian people living around the mouth of the Colorado river.
6. Tropical American shrub bearing edible acid red fruit resembling cherries.
7. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
8. United States saxophonist and leader of the bop style of jazz (1920-1955).
9. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
10. A Kachinic language.
11. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
12. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
13. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
14. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
15. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
21. Of or pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
23. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
24. Of or relating to the African republic of Somalia or its people or their language and culture.
27. A small round soft mass (as of chewed food).
29. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
31. (Irish) The sea personified.
33. An ancient maritime country (a collection of city states) at eastern end of the Mediterranean.
34. A river in eastern Texas that flows south into the Gulf of Mexico.
37. United States inventor (born in Hungary) who made the first TV broadcast in 1940 and invented the long-playing record in 1948 and pioneered video cassette recording (1906-1977).
38. Of or relating to or supporting Islamism.
39. Ribbon-like flatworms that are parasitic in the intestines of humans and other vertebrates.
42. Italian operatic soprano (born in 1922).
45. Being three more than ninety.
46. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
49. Used chiefly as a direction or description in music.
50. An ancient region of west central Italy (southeast of Rome) on the Tyrrhenian Sea.
51. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
52. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
55. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
57. Situated at an apex.
59. A port city in southwestern Norway.
64. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
66. Erect densely branched shrubby perennials of Old World tropics.
68. English nurse who remained in Brussels after the German occupation in order to help Allied prisoners escape.
69. Imperial moths.
70. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
71. Any of several tropical and subtropical treelike herbs of the genus Musa having a terminal crown of large entire leaves and usually bearing hanging clusters of elongated fruits.
75. Small Old World songbird with a reddish breast.
76. A statistical method for making simultaneous comparisons between two or more means.
78. Informal terms for clothing.
79. The lowest brass wind instrument.
81. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
82. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
84. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
86. The branch of information science that deals with natural language information.
88. Something that remunerates.
92. Being one more than one.