1. (British) Tavern consisting of a building with a bar and public rooms.
4. Characteristic of humanity.
9. A book of the New Testament.
13. A genetic disorder of metabolism.
16. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
17. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
18. A socially awkward or tactless act.
19. An associate degree in applied science.
20. Relating to anemia or suffering from anemia.
22. Extreme mental retardation.
24. A woman religious.
25. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
26. Clouding of the natural lens of the eye.
29. Informal terms for a mother.
31. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
32. The presence of potassium in the circulating blood.
34. Shrubby plant with aromatic grayish-green leaves used as a cooking herb.
38. Sometimes placed in family Hyacinthaceae.
40. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
41. A metrical unit with stressed-unstressed-unstressed syllables.
45. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
48. Endless loop of flexible material between two rotating shafts or pulleys.
49. A native or inhabitant of ancient Etruria.
52. South African term for `boss'.
53. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
54. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
55. Become ground down or deteriorate.
56. A state in New England.
57. Small genus of aquatic or semiaquatic plants.
60. A diacritical mark (-) placed above a vowel to indicate a long sound.
62. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
63. Proboscis monkeys.
65. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
68. A small amount of residue.
69. An oral antidiabetic drug (trade names DiaBeta and Micronase) that stimulates the release of insulin from the pancreas.
73. Not suitable for food.
76. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
79. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
81. Situated in front of the anus.
83. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
85. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
89. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
90. Have as a part, be made up out of.
93. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
95. A member of a people living in southern Benin and Togo and southeastern Ghana.
96. A slice of meat cut from the fleshy part of an animal or large fish.
97. A small cake leavened with yeast.
99. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
100. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
101. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
102. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
103. A light touch or stroke.
1. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
2. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
3. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
4. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
5. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
6. Long-tailed brilliantly colored parrot of Central and South America.
7. The eleventh month of the civil year.
8. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
9. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
10. European weed naturalized in southwestern United States and Mexico having reddish decumbent stems with small fernlike leaves and small deep reddish-lavender flowers followed by slender fruits that stick straight up.
11. Steady recurrent ticking sound as made by a clock.
12. A secret agent hired by a state to obtain (military) information about its enemies or by a business to obtain industrial secrets from competitors.
13. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
14. Resin of the kauri trees of N Zealand.
15. Widely distributed lichens usually having a grayish or yellow pendulous freely branched thallus.
21. A town on Long Island in New York.
23. Shrubs and trees of southern hemisphere having aromatic foliage.
27. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
28. An organism especially a bacterium that requires air or free oxygen for life.
30. An associate degree in nursing.
33. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
35. Relating to or like or divided into areolae.
36. Physical discomfort (as mild sickness or depression).
37. The state capital of South Australia.
39. Undergo ulceration.
42. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
43. Crowd or pack to capacity.
44. A soft porous rock consisting of calcium carbonate deposited from springs rich in lime.
46. The basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the System International d'Unites.
47. (Old Testament) The son of Abraham who was cast out after the birth of Isaac.
50. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
51. Not at all or in no way.
58. Small low-growing annual or perennial herbs of temperate and cool regions.
59. A metric unit of volume equal to one thousandth of a liter.
61. Raised pinkish scar tissue at the site of an injury.
64. Genus of showy plants of western North America having palmate leaves and variously colored racemose flowers.
66. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
67. An open box attached to a long pole handle.
70. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
71. Any of various units of capacity.
72. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
74. A genetic abnormality resulting in short stature.
75. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
77. A slow speech pattern with prolonged vowels.
78. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
80. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
82. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
84. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
86. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
87. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
88. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
91. A boy or man.
92. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
94. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
98. A radioactive element of the actinide series.