1. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
4. An edging of small loops, as on lace or ribbon.
9. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
13. A young woman making her debut into society.
16. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
17. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
18. The content of cognition.
19. Being nine more than thirty.
20. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
21. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
23. Any of various orchids of the genus Bletia having pseudo-bulbs and erect leafless racemes of large purple or pink flowers.
25. Pepsi Cola is a trademarked cola.
27. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
29. Idle or foolish and irrelevant talk.
30. A populous province in northeastern China.
32. United States abolitionist born a slave on a plantation in Maryland and became a famous conductor on the Underground Railroad leading other slaves to freedom in the North (1820-1913).
34. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
37. A dilute solution of acetic acid that is used as a solvent (e.g. for a drug).
41. The fifth day of the week.
42. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
46. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
47. British artist and writer of nonsense verse (1812-1888).
49. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
50. German bacteriologist who found a `magic bullet' to cure syphilis and was a pioneer in the study of immunology (1854-1915).
52. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
53. (Judaism) An eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem.
56. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
57. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
59. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
60. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
61. English translator and Protestant martyr.
63. In bed.
64. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
65. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
66. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
69. A state in east central United States.
70. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
76. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
81. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
82. French revolutionary who was prominent in the early days of the French Revolution (1749-1791).
86. The basic unit of money on Malta.
89. A telephone connection.
90. An informal term for a father.
91. Dye with a color.
92. A large genus of dicotyledonous trees and shrubs of the family Aquifoliaceae that have small flowers and berries (including hollies).
93. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.
96. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
98. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
99. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
100. Remove a bar from (a door, for example).
101. Unpleasantly cool and humid.
102. The seed of the cereal grass.
1. Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal.
2. A narrow way or road.
3. Antibacterial consisting of any of several synthetic organic compounds capable of inhibiting the growth of bacteria that require PABA.
4. Battle in which the ruler of Afghanistan defeated the Mahrattas in 1761.
5. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
6. (anatomy) A structure that resembles a shell in shape.
7. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
8. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
9. United States Protestant theologian (1892-1971).
10. A public promotion of some product or service.
11. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
12. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
13. Evergreen tree of eastern Asia and Philippines having large leathery leaves and small green-white flowers in compact cymes.
14. An opening that permits escape or release.
15. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
22. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
24. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
26. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
31. Highly significant or important especially bringing about or marking the beginning of a new development or era.
33. The holy city of Shiite Muslims.
35. (formal) In or into that thing or place.
36. An aromatic balsam.
38. The capital of Nationalist China.
39. Not chaste.
40. A great rani.
43. An unofficial association of people or groups.
44. A member of the Circassian people living east of the Black Sea.
45. Someone who purchases and maintains an inventory of goods to be sold.
48. An active and efficient cause.
51. Of a quality, as in.
54. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
55. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
58. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
62. Cause to run off the tracks.
67. Little known Kamarupan languages.
68. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
71. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
72. A kind of sedan chair used in India.
73. A landlocked principality in the Himalayas northeast of India.
74. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
75. A worker who attaches something by nailing it.
77. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
78. Subject to a ruling authority.
79. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
80. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
83. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
84. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
85. A town in north central Oklahoma.
87. Have confidence or faith in.
88. A shaft on which a wheel rotates.
94. A radioactive transuranic element which has been synthesized.
95. A state in midwestern United States.
97. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.