1. Piece of solid food for dipping in a liquid.
4. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
9. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
13. Being five more than sixty.
16. An accountant certified by the state.
17. Lower in esteem.
18. An endorsement.
19. Being six more than fifty.
20. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
21. The fur of the North American racoon.
23. Filled with fear or apprehension.
25. God of wealth and love.
27. (of pages) Worn or soiled by thumb and fingers by frequent handling or turning.
29. Type genus of the Amiidae.
30. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
31. A facial expression of contempt or scorn.
33. A crime syndicate in the United States.
36. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
38. Grandson of Amaterasu and first ruler of Japan.
40. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
42. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
44. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
45. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
46. An associate degree in nursing.
49. A self-replicating protein molecule that occupies a fixed place on a chromosome.
50. A prosthesis that replaces a missing leg.
53. Of or relating to or consisting of enol.
54. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
56. A sudden short attack.
58. A bunch of hair or feathers or growing grass.
59. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
60. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
62. A person of Iranian descent.
64. English essayist (1775-1834).
65. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
67. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
68. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
69. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
70. A small cake leavened with yeast.
71. Of or relating to measure.
74. A genus of Scolopacidae.
78. A heavy silvery toxic univalent and bivalent metallic element.
79. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
80. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
81. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
83. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
90. Administer an oil or ointment to.
93. Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something.
94. Congenital absence of the heart (as in the development of some monsters).
96. A small quantity of liquid.
97. A master's degree in library science.
98. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
100. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
101. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
102. (Australian and New Zealand) A disparaging term for English immigrants to Australia or New Zealand.
103. Singing jazz.
104. A baton used by a magician or water diviner.
105. A cape at the southern tip of Norway.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
3. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
4. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. Of or relating to or obtained from milk (especially sour milk or whey).
7. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
8. The capital and largest city of South Korea.
9. The state of not being.
10. A state in northwestern North America.
11. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
12. 300 to 3000 megahertz.
13. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
14. Being one more than seventeen.
15. United States writer (born in 1925).
22. A sign of something about to happen.
24. Veloute sauce seasoned with herbs and shallots and capers.
26. A former British gold coin worth 21 chillings.
28. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
32. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
34. German statesman.
35. One of two branches of the Finno-Ugric languages.
37. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
39. Of or relating to the Iberian peninsula or its inhabitants.
41. A person forced to flee from home or country.
43. (biology) Having or resembling wings.
46. (zoology) Pertaining to alulae.
47. Having or using two filaments.
48. Capable of being acted.
51. Annual to perennial herbs of the Mediterranean region.
52. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
55. New Zealand conifer.
57. Ash-colored or anemic looking from illness or emotion.
61. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
63. Avatar of Vishnu.
66. Wear away through erosion or vaporization.
72. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
73. Of or relating to or characteristic of Uganda or its people.
74. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
75. Belief in a kind of sorcery that originated in Africa and is practiced in the West Indies.
76. Long-legged web-footed black-and-white shorebird with slender upward-curving bill.
77. United States baseball player and manager (1873-1934).
82. A weekday on which no feast is celebrated.
83. Being one more than two.
84. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
85. Type genus of the Anatidae.
86. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
87. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
88. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
89. A city of central China.
91. A large city of central Poland.
92. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
95. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
99. A state in southeastern United States.