1. The dialect of Albanian spoken in northern Albania and Yugoslavia.
5. Branch out like trees.
13. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
17. The capital and largest city of Japan.
18. Carrying weapons.
19. Very dark black.
20. Small wooden bat with a flat surface.
22. Protected from heat and light with shade or shadow.
23. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
24. Spaced apart.
25. Showing fear and lack of confidence.
27. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
29. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
30. Any of various fissiped mammals with nonretractile claws and typically long muzzles.
33. Relating to or characteristic of a tribe.
36. A popular vacation spot in the Canadian Rockies.
39. Greek god of light.
41. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
42. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
43. A circular segment of a curve.
44. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
46. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
49. Alsatian artist and poet who was cofounder of Dadaism in Zurich.
51. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
53. Italian operatic soprano (born in 1922).
56. In a stolid manner.
59. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
61. The face of a timepiece.
62. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
63. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
64. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
65. (Greek mythology) The Muse of lyric and love poetry.
66. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
69. Either of two muscles in the shoulder region that move the shoulders and arms.
70. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
71. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
73. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
76. Type genus of the Hylidae.
78. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Carolinas.
83. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
86. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
89. French philosopher and theologian.
90. Small genus of Eurasian herbs.
92. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
93. (Irish) The sea personified.
94. A genus of delicate ferns belonging to the family Osmundaceae.
96. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
97. Black tropical American cuckoo.
98. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
99. A Hindu religious teacher.
100. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
101. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
1. A genus of Accipitridae.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
4. An infant who is sponsored by an adult (the godparent) at baptism.
5. Inspired by a feeling of fearful wonderment or reverence.
6. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
7. Born out of wedlock.
8. Limbless scaly elongate reptile.
9. Move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment.
10. A signal that serves to indicate or suggest something.
11. A small hard fruit.
12. A doctor's degree in education.
13. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
14. A port city in southwestern Iran.
15. Fearless and daring.
16. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
21. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
26. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
28. A New England state.
31. A device that controls amount of light admitted.
32. Not ionic.
34. Hindu sacred text instructing the Brahmins to perform the Vedic rituals.
35. Skintight knit hose covering the body from the waist to the feet worn by acrobats and dancers and as stockings by women and girls.
37. In a feudal manner.
38. Well known or easily recognized.
40. A Russian river.
45. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
47. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
48. Of or relating to neuroglia.
50. Son of Zeus and Europa.
52. A school for students intermediate between elementary school and college.
54. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
55. Capable of being added or added to.
57. Being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something.
58. A doctor's degree in religion.
60. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
67. The slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa.
68. A coral reef off the southern coast of Florida.
72. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
74. A genus of Ploceidae.
75. A Russian river.
77. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
79. In bed.
80. A three-tone Chadic language.
81. Telephone line (Wide Area Telephone Service).
82. The part of the face above the eyes.
84. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
85. The food served and eaten at one time.
87. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
88. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
91. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
92. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
95. The square of a body of any size of type.