1. With no effort to conceal.
5. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
9. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
13. Any high mountain.
16. Distant in either space or time.
17. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
18. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
19. A bloody and prolonged operation in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945).
20. Any of the three Fates or goddesses of destiny.
21. A postulated biochemical change (presumably in neural tissue) that represents a memory.
23. Scottish ballad singer and music hall comedian (1870-1950).
25. Of or relating to neuroglia.
27. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
28. Of or relating to apnea.
29. Any organic compound containing the group -CONH2.
31. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
34. A public promotion of some product or service.
35. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
38. Small East Indian shrubby mint.
42. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
43. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
44. Of or in or relating to the nose.
47. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
48. Eliminate from the body.
52. Obtained from various tropical plants.
53. (of light) Lacking in intensity or brightness.
54. Of the greatest possible degree or extent or intensity.
55. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
56. Of or relating to or characteristic of Assam or its people or culture.
58. Large recently extinct long-horned European wild ox.
60. (medical) Bleached cotton cloth of plain weave used for bandages and dressings.
61. (Canadian) A half-breed of white and Indian parentage.
63. A fertile tract in a desert (where the water table approaches the surface).
64. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
65. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
68. English monk and scholar (672-735).
69. A daughter of your brother or sister.
71. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
75. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
77. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
79. An uproarious party.
80. Made smaller or less by melting or erosion or vaporization.
83. (military) Signal to turn the lights out.
85. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
89. A contorted facial expression.
92. (British) Your grandmother.
93. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
94. The 3rd letter of the Greek alphabet.
96. An indirect suggestion.
97. A branch of the Tai languages.
98. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
99. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
100. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
101. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. A vigorous blow.
2. Absent without permission.
3. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
4. The branch of mechanics concerned with the forces that cause motions of bodies.
5. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
6. Departing or being caused to depart from the true vertical or horizontal.
7. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
8. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
9. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
10. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
11. Offering fun and gaiety.
12. A member of a North American Plains people (now living in Oklahoma and Wyoming).
13. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
14. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
15. Meat from a domestic hog or pig.
22. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
24. Move out of a dock.
26. The period during which something is functional (as between birth and death).
30. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
32. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
33. Any tropical Asian palm of the genus Calamus.
36. A city in southern Japan on Kyushu.
37. Abnormally low oxygen content in arterial blood.
39. Put to use.
40. Component consisting of a side piece opposite the moldboard.
41. Regarded with deep or rapturous love (especially as if for a god).
45. The products of human creativity.
46. A proud stiff pompous gait.
49. Make certain of.
50. The foot of a human being.
51. An affirmative.
57. An antibiotic (trade name Azactam) used against severe infections.
59. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
62. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
66. The academic world.
67. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
70. Animal food for browsing or grazing.
71. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
72. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
73. Small genus of shrubs and lianas and trees of Africa and Madagascar.
74. A doctor's degree in optometry.
76. Wood of a pecan tree.
78. Used of men.
81. A small nail.
82. A caustic substance (Ca(OH)2) produced by heating limestone.
84. Caused or enabled to go or be conveyed or transmitted.
86. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
87. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
88. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
90. An associate degree in applied science.
91. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
95. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.