1. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
4. (computer science) A read-only memory chip that can be erased by ultraviolet light and programmed again with new data.
9. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
13. A unit of pain intensity.
16. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
17. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
18. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
19. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
20. A loud harsh or strident noise.
21. Regularly spaced in time.
22. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
23. Adult female chicken.
24. Empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk.
26. Toward land.
29. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
31. Causing alarm or fear.
33. Plants closely allied to the genera Satureja and Calamintha.
36. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
37. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
41. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
42. Something that allows access (entry or exit).
46. The state of being decayed or destroyed.
47. Of or relating to near the ear.
48. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
49. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
50. A bachelor's degree in library science.
51. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
53. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
57. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
59. A holy war by Muslims against unbelievers.
60. Soviet chief of secret police under Joseph Stalin.
61. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
62. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
63. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
64. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
65. (prefix) Reverse of or absence of.
66. Being nine more than ninety.
68. Hypothetical remedy for all ills or diseases.
70. 1/10 gram.
72. A state in southeastern United States.
73. A broken piece of a brittle artifact.
76. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
79. A local computer network for communication between computers.
80. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
84. An unforeseen obstacle.
85. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
87. An American operation in World War I (1918).
90. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
93. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
95. Any of the numerous plants of the genus Viola.
96. Work hard.
97. Used on the high seas.
99. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
100. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
101. Consisting of a haphazard assortment of different kinds (even to the point of incongruity).
102. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
1. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
2. English essayist (1775-1834).
3. City in northern Austria on the Danube.
4. The administration of a strong electric current that passes through the brain to induce convulsions and coma.
5. Antacid (trade name Prilosec) that suppresses acid secretion in the stomach.
6. Avatar of Vishnu.
7. A chronic disease of the nose characterized by a foul-smelling nasal discharge and atrophy of nasal structures.
8. An officious annoying person who interferes with others.
9. A Nilo-Saharan language spoken in parts of Chad.
10. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
11. British historian remembered for his ten-volume history of England (1829-1902).
12. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
13. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. A Russian river.
25. A cephalosporin that can be given parenterally (trade name Zinacef) or orally by tablets (trade name Ceftin).
27. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
28. Build up to a level by depositing sediment.
30. An uproarious party.
32. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
34. Small genus of Old World ferns.
35. In the same place (used when citing a reference).
38. (of hair) "auburn hair".
39. A very large indefinite number (usually hyperbole).
40. An occurrence of something.
43. Remaining after all deductions.
44. Roman emperor and adoptive son of Nerva.
45. Hard smooth-textured cheese.
52. An enclosed space.
54. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
55. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
56. A port city in southwestern Iran.
58. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
67. Comprises tropical American species usually placed in genus Masdevallia.
68. The administration of a strong electric current that passes through the brain to induce convulsions and coma.
69. A group of islands off the west coast of Sicily in the Mediterranean.
70. A chronic disease of the nose characterized by a foul-smelling nasal discharge and atrophy of nasal structures.
71. A slowly moving mass of ice.
72. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
74. Verse in the meter used in Greek and Latin poetry consisting of strophes of 4 tetrametric lines.
75. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
77. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
78. Refuse to acknowledge.
81. A wall hanging of heavy handwoven fabric with pictorial designs.
82. (photography) "color film".
83. Not set afire or burning.
84. A human limb.
86. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
88. (computer science) A rule stating that the quality of the output is a function of the quality of the input.
89. Not at all or in no way.
90. A person eating a meal (especially in a restaurant).
91. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
92. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
94. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
98. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.