1. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
5. A distinguished female operatic singer.
9. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
13. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
16. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
17. Chief port of Yemen.
18. Any competition.
19. Towards the side away from the wind.
20. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
21. The clay from which adobe bricks are made.
24. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. A tower with a light that gives warning of shoals to passing ships.
26. (psychology) Characterized by avoidance or withdrawal.
28. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
30. An associate degree in nursing.
33. The capital of Turkey.
36. An expensive vessel propelled by sail or power and used for cruising or racing.
40. City in central Iran.
44. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
46. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
47. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
48. Brazilian statesman who ruled Brazil as a virtual dictator (1883-1954).
50. Small slender gull having narrow wings and a forked tail.
51. Of the nature of or undergoing an experiment.
53. A knitted fabric or one resembling knitting.
55. Shattered or torn up or torn apart violently as by e.g. wind or lightning or explosive.
57. The condition of having no arms.
59. An officer of a corporation or others who have access to private information about the corporation's operations.
61. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
63. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
64. An uproarious party.
65. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
67. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
70. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
71. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
72. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
73. The cry made by sheep.
75. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
78. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
80. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
81. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
84. Wife of Balder.
86. German poet (born in Austria) whose imagery and mystic lyricism influenced 20-th century German literature (1875-1926).
89. The eighth month of the civil year.
92. The rate at which energy is drawn from a source that produces a flow of electricity in a circuit.
94. (aeronautical) Pertaining to the tail section of a plane.
95. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
96. A prolonged disorder of eating due to loss of appetite.
98. Affected manners intended to impress others.
99. Not open.
100. On the side exposed to the wind.
101. The income arising from land or other property.
1. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
2. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
3. Top part of an apron.
4. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
5. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
6. A resident of Idaho.
7. Any of the Hindu sacred writing.
8. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
9. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
10. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
11. Of or relating to a seizure or convulsion.
12. A Mid-Atlantic state.
13. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
14. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
15. A space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane).
22. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
23. Instructive especially excessively.
27. (used of animals especially a horse) Of a moderate reddish-brown color n 1.
29. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
31. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
32. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
34. The central area of a church.
35. A motley assortment of things.
37. A hospital where foundlings (infant children of unknown parents) are taken in and cared for.
38. Having or displaying qualities appropriate for heroes.
39. Something that acts like a tentacle in its ability to grasp.
41. One species.
42. An effortful attempt to attain a goal.
43. A public promotion of some product or service.
45. Type genus of the family Ostreidae.
49. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
52. Disposed to venture or take risks.
54. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
56. (Irish) The sea personified.
58. A small cake leavened with yeast.
60. Little known Kamarupan languages.
62. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
66. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
67. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
68. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
69. The type of environment in which an organism or group normally lives or occurs.
70. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
74. An accessory or adjoining anatomical parts or appendages (especially of the embryo).
76. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
77. A unit of weight for precious stones = 200 mg.
79. (Scotland) A landowner.
82. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
83. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
85. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
86. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
87. A Scottish church.
88. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
90. The 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
91. Black tropical American cuckoo.
93. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
97. Military action involving the use of electromagnetic energy to determine or exploit or reduce or prevent hostile use of the electromagnetic spectrum.