1. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
4. The space between two lines or planes that intersect.
9. Affected manners intended to impress others.
13. The sound made by a cow or bull.
16. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
17. Found along western Atlantic coast.
18. A very troublesome child.
19. Select as an alternative.
20. Inspiring awe or admiration or wonder.
22. A bottle with a stopper.
24. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
25. One thousandth of a second.
26. Small genus of delicate mossy bog plants having white or violet flowers.
27. The wool of a sheep or similar animal.
29. Friend of Damon.
31. A woman's large folded hooped hood.
33. Founder of Christian Science in 1866 (1821-1910).
34. A name for the Old Testament God as transliterated from the Hebrew YHVH.
36. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
39. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
44. English illustrator of several of Dickens' novels (1815-1882).
47. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
49. A man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength.
50. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
53. A state in New England.
54. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
56. Affectedly trendy.
57. A young woman making her debut into society.
58. Personnel who assist their superior in carrying out an assigned task.
60. A member of a European people who occupied Britain and Spain and Gaul in pre-Roman times.
61. The financial means whereby one lives.
64. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
65. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
68. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
70. Grayish baboon of southern and eastern Africa.
72. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
74. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
77. The ninth month of the Hindu calendar.
83. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
86. United States physicist (born in Austria) who proposed the exclusion principle (thus providing a theoretical basis for the periodic table) (1900-1958).
87. The second great battle of the American Civil War (1862).
90. How long something has existed.
91. (trademark) An acrylic fiber or the lightweight crease-resistant fabric made with Orlon yarns.
93. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
95. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
96. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
97. Toward the inside of the cheek.
98. Having an eye or eyes or eyelike feature especially as specified.
99. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A unit of current equal to 10 amperes.
2. Full of news.
3. Partially melted snow (or a mixture of rain and snow).
4. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
5. An embroidered rug made from a coarse Indian felt.
6. Containing an unusual amount of grease or oil.
7. 16 ounces.
8. Quandong trees.
9. The condition of having no arms.
10. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
11. A lottery in which the prizes are goods rather than money.
12. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
13. A mound of earth made by moles while burrowing.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
21. A fast movement (usually in triple time).
23. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
28. A steep artificial slope in front of a fortification.
30. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
32. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
35. Compulsively or physiologically dependent on something habit-forming.
37. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
38. Pig-sized tailless South American amphibious rodent with partly webbed feet.
40. Long-legged spotted cat of Africa and southwestern Asia having nonretractile claws.
41. Enchanter's nightshade.
42. (Old Testament) The second wife of Jacob and mother of Joseph and Benjamin.
43. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
45. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
46. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
48. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
51. Of or relating to cilia projecting from the surface of a cell.
52. Found pleasant or attractive.
55. 300 to 3000 kilohertz.
59. Of or concerning the face.
62. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
63. A flourish added after or under your signature (originally to protect against forgery).
66. The cry made by sheep.
67. A tiny cavity filled with fluid in the cytoplasm of a cell.
68. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
69. Type genus of the family Mustelidae.
70. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
71. A starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant.
73. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
75. Fatty pinkish flesh of small salmon caught in the Pacific and Great Lakes.
76. A public promotion of some product or service.
78. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
79. Used in combination.
80. A small island.
81. A metric unit of volume equal to one thousandth of a liter.
82. A carriage consisting of two wheels and calash top.
84. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
85. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
88. A liquid used for printing or writing or drawing.
89. A slight amount or degree of difference.
92. A blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people.
94. A state in New England.