1. (used of animals especially a horse) Of a moderate reddish-brown color n 1.
4. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
9. God of fire.
13. A metric unit of length equal to ten meters.
16. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
17. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
18. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
19. An associate degree in applied science.
20. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
21. Unusually great in size or amount or degree or especially extent or scope.
23. Gibberish resembling the sounds of a baby.
25. A member of the Taracahitian people of central Mexico.
27. Used by northerners of Confederate soldiers.
29. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
30. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
31. (prefix) Reverse of or absence of.
32. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
38. Corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality.
42. Pertaining to or containing any of a group of organic compounds of nitrogen derived from ammonia.
46. (British) Informal term for information.
47. An Italian woman of rank.
51. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
52. A conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures.
53. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
54. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
55. The molecular weight of a substance expressed in grams.
57. Usually paved outdoor area adjoining a residence.
60. Jordan's port.
63. Growing old.
64. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
65. Remove from memory or existence.
66. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
67. Someone new to a field or activity.
69. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
72. In bed.
74. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
76. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
78. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
81. A nihilistic art movement (especially in painting) that flourished in Europe early in the 20th century.
85. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
88. Having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly.
90. Having excessive asymmetrical ornamentation.
92. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
93. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
94. English monk and scholar (672-735).
96. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
97. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
98. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
99. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
100. A small cake leavened with yeast.
101. (British) Your grandmother.
1. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
2. Of or relating to or resembling an axis of rotation.
3. Not only so, but.
4. Genus of tropical shrubs or vines having pinnate leaves and large axillary flowers.
5. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
6. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
7. Punish with an arbitrary penalty.
8. Mentally healthy.
9. American novelist (1909-1955).
10. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
11. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
12. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
13. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
14. Bushy plant of Old World salt marshes and sea beaches having prickly leaves.
15. One thousandth of a second.
22. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
24. Divulge information or secrets.
26. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
28. 16 ounces.
33. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
34. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
35. United States writer whose novels argued for social reform (1878-1968).
36. (of lichens) Having a thin crusty thallus that adheres closely to the surface on which it is growing.
37. 1 species.
39. Agile long-legged rabbit-sized rodent of Central and South America and West Indies.
40. A string of words satisfying the grammatical rules of a language.
41. Overfull as with blood.
43. An island of central Hawaii (between Maui and Oahu).
44. Before noon.
45. A fine strong sheer silky fabric made of silk or rayon or nylon.
48. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
49. The topmost one of two.
50. (legend) Chalice used by Christ at the last supper.
56. An informal term for a father.
58. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
59. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
61. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
62. Unrestrained by convention or morality.
68. Small deciduous tree of southern Africa having edible fruit.
69. Before noon.
70. Marine fishes with a flattened elongated body and a sucking disk on the head for attaching to large fish or moving objects.
71. A person forced to flee from home or country.
73. The sixth month of the Hindu calendar.
74. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
75. A public promotion of some product or service.
77. Leafless East Indian vine.
79. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
80. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
82. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
83. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
84. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
86. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
87. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
89. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
91. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
95. A Mid-Atlantic state.