1. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
4. Area around the altar of a church for the clergy and choir.
8. Informal terms for money.
12. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
16. (Irish) The sea personified.
17. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
18. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
19. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
20. Late time of life.
21. (Arthurian legend) One of the knights of the Round Table.
23. A mountain in the central Himalayas on the border of Tibet and Nepal (27,890 feet high).
24. Humble request for help.
26. Capital and largest city of Botswana in the extreme southeast.
28. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
29. Of or relating to the language of the Hebrews.
31. Water scorpions.
33. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
35. A Russian river.
39. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
41. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
42. The process of leaching.
46. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
48. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
51. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
52. Report or maintain.
56. (used of especially horses) Having a brownish coat thickly sprinkled with white or gray.
57. A narrow elongated opening or fissure between two symmetrical parts.
58. A New England state.
59. Found pleasant or attractive.
60. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
61. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
64. A fixed look with eyes open wide v 1.
65. A cylindrical drawstring bag used by sailors to hold their clothing and other gear.
68. A motley assortment of things.
70. Situated at the top or highest position.
71. The form of RNA that attaches the correct amino acid to the protein chain that is being synthesized at the ribosome of the cell (according to directions coded in the mRNA).
72. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
74. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
76. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
80. Free from disturbance.
83. Expandable metal or wooden wedge used by printers to lock up a form within a chase.
85. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
89. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
90. The template for protein synthesis.
93. The phenomenon of resistance to motion through a fluid.
95. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
96. Channel into a new direction.
97. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
98. An informal term for a father.
99. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
100. Canadian literary critic interested in the use of myth and symbolism (1912-1991).
101. The Fate who spins the thread of life.
102. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
103. Lap that forms a cloth border doubled back and stitched down v 1.
1. The 1st letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
2. A young woman who is the most charming and beautiful of several rivals.
3. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
4. A flexible container with a single opening.
5. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
6. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
7. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
8. A kind of literary or artistic work.
9. (anatomy) Exhibiting ectopia.
10. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
11. An industrial city in northwestern Ohio on Lake Erie.
12. The clay from which adobe bricks are made.
13. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
14. At a previous time.
15. The sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage.
22. An electrically charged particle.
25. A member of the Caddo people who formerly lived in the Dakotas west of the Missouri river.
27. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
30. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
32. In bed.
34. Wearing or provided with clothing.
36. Make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc..
37. A corticosteroid drug (trade names Decadron or Dexamethasone Intensol or Dexone or Hexadrol or Oradexon) used to treat allergies or inflammation.
38. Structure forming the transverse part of a cruciform church.
40. A disputant who quibbles.
43. A genus of Scolopacidae.
44. Reduce in scope while retaining essential elements.
45. Old World woody vines.
47. French revolutionary leader (born in Switzerland) who was a leader in overthrowing the Girondists and was stabbed to death in his bath by Charlotte Corday (1743-1793).
49. Regret strongly.
50. Sandwich filled with slices of bacon and tomato with lettuce.
53. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
54. Jordan's port.
55. A doctor's degree in optometry.
62. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
63. Taken or to be taken at random.
66. Resembling a berry.
67. United States anarchist (born in Russia) who opposed conscription.
68. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
69. A city in southeastern Spain.
73. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
75. The cry made by sheep.
77. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
78. Jordan's port.
79. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
81. The habitation of wild animals.
82. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
84. The probability of a specified outcome.
86. Any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids.
87. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
88. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
91. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
92. (British) Your grandmother.
94. Light informal conversation for social occasions.