1. A group of Niger-Congo languages spoken primarily in southeastern Mali and northern Ghana.
4. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
8. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
12. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
16. (Babylonian) The sky god.
17. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
18. A Bantu language spoken in southern Zaire.
19. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
20. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
22. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
24. Move as if through a sieve.
25. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
26. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
27. Lower the grade of something.
29. Avatar of Vishnu.
31. A metal cleat on the bottom front of a horseshoe to prevent slipping.
33. Designed to reduce or prevent skidding.
35. 3rd largest island in the world.
41. Being seven more than fifty.
42. Quickly and without warning.
45. A primeval personification of air and breath.
47. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
48. A large piece of fabric (as canvas) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel.
49. A state in the western United States.
51. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
52. A genus of herbs and shrubs belonging to the family Euphorbiaceae.
55. That is to say.
56. The shorter of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
57. The Mon-Khmer language spoken in Cambodia.
59. The world's largest desert (3,500,000 square miles) in North Africa.
61. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
63. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
64. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
65. Of the nature of or undergoing an experiment.
66. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
68. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
70. United States writer noted for his stories about life during the California gold rush (1836-1902).
71. A contorted facial expression.
76. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
77. English essayist (1775-1834).
78. Used of a single unit or thing.
79. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
81. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
84. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
86. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
88. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
91. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
92. Of or relating to Laos or its people.
93. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
94. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
96. (Greek mythology) God of love.
98. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
99. Advanced in years.
100. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
101. Scottish philosopher of common sense who opposed the ideas of David Hume (1710-1796).
102. Take in solid food.
1. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
2. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
3. European freshwater fish resembling the roach.
4. A family of fish in the order Zeomorphi.
5. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
6. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
7. The 20th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
8. (informal) A very large profit.
9. A rare polyvalent metallic element of the platinum group.
10. In an absent-minded or preoccupied manner.
11. take exception to.
12. Subdivision not used in some classifications.
13. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
14. Burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud.
15. A genus of Mustelidae.
21. The honeycreepers.
23. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
28. Belonging to the period after a war.
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
32. Any of various perennial South American plants of the genus Loasa having stinging hairs and showy white or yellow or reddish-orange flowers.
34. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying earth.
36. Hear, usually without the knowledge of the speakers.
37. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
38. Antibacterial consisting of any of several synthetic organic compounds capable of inhibiting the growth of bacteria that require PABA.
39. Kill in large numbers.
40. Chiefly tropical or xerophytic woody plants.
43. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
44. Joint capital (with Mecca) of Saudi Arabia located in the central oasis.
46. Some point in the air.
50. The event of dying or departure from life.
53. Of or relating to a creed.
54. Of or relating to or characteristic of Hades or Tartarus.
58. A member of a rural Finnish people living in eastern Russia.
60. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
62. The father of your father or mother.
67. A green transparent form of beryl.
68. A family of fish in the order Zeomorphi.
69. A studio especially for an artist or designer.
70. In an absent-minded or preoccupied manner.
72. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
73. Imperial moths.
74. The form of ratbite fever occurring in the Far East.
75. Bony fishes of the southern hemisphere that breathe by a modified air bladder as well as gills.
80. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
81. Before noon.
82. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
83. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
85. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
87. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
89. Type genus of the Ranidae.
90. A secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal).
95. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
97. A state in north central United States.