1. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
5. A resident of Alabama.
13. Continuing or remaining in a place or state.
17. The part of the eye that contains the iris and ciliary body and choroid.
18. Any of various common orange trees yielding sour or bitter fruit.
19. Female equine animal.
20. A small band of jazz musicians.
21. The act of receiving.
22. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
23. A rounded projection or protuberance.
25. (India) Usually in combination.
27. A Hindu prince or king in India.
29. Inspiring awe or admiration or wonder.
31. Type genus of the Spalacidae.
34. The sixth month of the civil year.
38. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
39. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
42. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
44. (Greek mythology) The winged goddess of the dawn in ancient mythology.
48. About three feet long exclusive of tail.
49. Being four more than sixty.
51. Any of various widely distributed beetles.
54. A state in southeastern United States.
55. Sweetened beverage of lime juice and water.
57. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
58. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
60. Absence of the mammary glands (either through surgery or developmental defect).
61. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
62. A Bantu language sometimes considered a dialect of Zulu.
64. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
67. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.
68. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
69. Give out.
71. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
73. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
75. (electronics) Of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input.
77. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
78. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
82. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
86. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
88. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
90. A small piece of anything (especially a piece that has been snipped off).
92. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
93. The branch of information science that deals with natural language information.
94. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
95. Wrap us in a cerecloth, as of a corpse.
96. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
97. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
98. Wearing footgear.
99. The probability of a specified outcome.
100. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. Any thick messy substance.
2. A river in southwestern England rising in Gloucestershire and flowing through Bristol to empty into the estuary of the Severn.
3. Marine fishes with a flattened elongated body and a sucking disk on the head for attaching to large fish or moving objects.
4. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
5. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
6. The basic unit of money on Malta.
7. American novelist (1909-1955).
8. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
9. A passageway between buildings or giving access to a basement.
10. Wearing protective mail.
11. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
12. An intricately connected system of things or people.
13. A facial expression characterized by turning up the corners of the mouth.
14. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
15. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
16. Not only so, but.
24. Duplicator that transmits the copy by wire or radio.
26. Before noon.
28. A sharp projection on an edge or surface.
30. Of or relating to lizards.
32. The nearest star to the sun.
33. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
35. Not reflecting light.
36. Inflexibly entrenched and unchangeable.
37. Small genus of tropical evergreen trees or shrubs having pods like those of the acacia.
40. Indigo bush.
41. Resembling or characteristic of a prophet or prophecy.
43. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
45. East Indian silk cotton tree yielding fibers inferior to kapok.
46. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
47. The address of a web page on the world wide web.
50. The sixth of the seven canonical hours of the divine office.
52. Large snake mackerel with rings like spectacles around its eyes.
53. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
56. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
59. (New Testament) Disciple of Jesus.
63. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
65. A very wealthy or powerful businessman.
66. French dramatist (born in Romania) who was a leading exponent of the theater of the absurd (1912-1994).
67. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
70. (of skin) Having a tan color from exposure to the sun.
72. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
74. A telegram sent abroad.
76. (Scotland) A landowner.
79. Gymnastic apparatus consisting of two parallel wooden bars supported on uprights.
80. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
81. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
82. Distant in either space or time.
83. A sudden short attack.
84. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
85. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
87. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
88. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
89. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
91. The foot of a human being.