1. A diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it).
4. Tufted evergreen perennial herb having spikes of tiny white flowers and glossy green round to heart-shaped leaves that become coppery to maroon or purplish in fall.
9. The officer below the master on a commercial ship.
13. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
16. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
17. An iconic mental representation.
18. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
19. (used especially of commodities) In the natural unprocessed condition.
20. Water that has condensed on a cool surface overnight from water vapor in the air.
21. One of two official languages of Norway.
23. Streaming or flapping or spreading wide as if in a current of air.
25. The food served and eaten at one time.
27. Tropical American tree bearing a small edible fruit with green leathery skin and sweet juicy translucent pulp.
29. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
30. Of or relating to Aram or to its inhabitants or their culture or their language.
32. A unit of electrical charge equal to the amount of charge transferred by a current of 1 ampere in 1 second.
34. In a weak or pale or languid manner.
35. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
36. Related to or located at the back.
40. A white trivalent metallic element.
42. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
43. With no effort to conceal.
46. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
47. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
48. An urban area with a fixed boundary that is smaller than a city.
52. An edge between a sidewalk and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter).
53. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
54. Swiss mathematician (1707-1783).
55. A knob used to release the catch when opening a door (often called `doorhandle' in Great Britain).
56. A small loosely aggregated mass of flocculent material suspended in or precipitated from a liquid.
58. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
60. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
61. Of a pale purple color.
63. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
65. A descent down a nearly vertical surface by using a doubled rope that is coiled around the body and attached to some higher point.
67. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
69. The ball-and-socket joint between the head of the femur and the acetabulum.
71. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
72. Of or relating to the kidneys.
73. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
75. Pertaining to animals or animal life or action.
78. German statesman who served as chancellor of Germany (born in 1918).
80. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
84. Of the appetites and passions of the body.
87. At or constituting a border or edge.
89. Advanced in years.
90. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
91. Genus of herbs of southern United States.
94. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
96. A light touch or stroke.
97. (of a musical instrument) Intermediate between alto and baritone or bass.
98. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
100. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
101. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
102. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
103. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
104. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Ritual hand movement in Hindu religious dancing.
2. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
3. Tropical American shrub or small tree having huge deeply palmately cleft leaves and large oblong yellow fruit.
4. Aromatic root of ginseng plants.
5. The sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate.
6. A local computer network for communication between computers.
7. Highly excited.
8. Being deficient in moisture.
9. The way in which someone or something is composed.
10. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
11. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
12. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
13. (informal) Exceptionally good.
14. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
15. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
22. An ornamental net in the shape of a bag that confines a woman's hair.
24. A city in northwest Texas south of Amarillo.
26. At full speed.
28. One of the paired abdominal appendages of certain aquatic crustaceans that function primarily for carrying the eggs in females and are usually adapted for swimming.
31. A small byte.
33. 1 species.
37. Widely separated especially in space.
38. (medicine) Being long-lasting and recurrent or characterized by long suffering.
39. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
41. Crash together with violent impact.
44. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
45. (Irish) The sea personified.
49. Of or related to or made of wool.
50. Black-and-white short-necked web-footed diving bird of northern seas.
51. Large antelope with lightly spiraled horns of desert regions of North Africa.
57. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
59. Type and genus of the Isoetaceae and sole extant genus of the order Isoetales.
62. The largest city in India and one of the largest cities in the world.
64. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
66. Of or relating to or near the sacrum.
68. The line formed by the lower edge of a skirt or coat.
69. Highly excited.
70. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
74. A state in New England.
76. The wood of an African obeche tree.
77. A state in midwestern United States.
79. Living quarters reserved for wives and concubines and female relatives in a Muslim household.
81. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
85. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
86. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
88. Fallow deer.
92. An easy return of a tennis ball in a high arc.
93. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
95. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
99. A radioactive element of the actinide series.