1. Wet spongy ground of decomposing vegetation.
4. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
9. God of love and erotic desire.
13. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
16. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
17. Fruit of the oak tree.
18. Make high-pitched, whiney noises.
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
21. A young woman indulged by rich and powerful older men.
22. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
23. God of the earth.
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
26. Alligator-like reptile of Central and South America having a more heavily armored belly.
28. The capital and largest city of Dominica.
30. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
32. Empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk.
33. An honorary degree in science.
34. Relating to or characteristic of a tribe.
37. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
38. Red pear-shaped tropical fruit with poisonous seeds.
43. A Loloish language.
44. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
46. The fourth month of the Hindu calendar.
48. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
50. A compound derived from ammonia by replacing hydrogen atoms by univalent hydrocarbon radicals.
52. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
54. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
55. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
56. A cry of sorrow and grief.
58. Cause to become awake or conscious.
61. Any competition.
62. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
63. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
64. Widely known and esteemed.
66. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
68. Jordan's port.
69. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
70. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
71. Of or pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
73. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
75. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
76. Ragout of game in a rich sauce.
79. Informal terms for a mother.
80. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
83. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
84. A French abbot.
87. Painful from having the skin abraded.
90. State in northeastern India.
94. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
96. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
98. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
99. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
101. Informal terms for a mother.
102. United States composer noted for his innovative use of polytonality (1874-1954).
103. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
104. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
105. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
106. A member of a European people who occupied Britain and Spain and Gaul in pre-Roman times.
107. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
4. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
5. A needle-like part or structure of a plant or animal or crystal.
6. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
7. A historical region in central and northern Yugoslavia.
8. Genus of beetles whose grubs feed mainly on roots of plants.
9. A festival featuring African-American culture.
10. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
11. United States naturalist (born in England) who advocated the creation of national parks (1838-1914).
12. A monosaccharide sugar that contains the aldehyde group or is hemiacetal.
13. Dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight.
14. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
15. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
25. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
27. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
29. The painted structures of a stage set that are intended to suggest a particular locale.
31. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
35. Shrubby lichens of the family Usneaceae having a flattened thallus.
36. Not friendly.
39. Of or relating to a creed.
40. An inn in some Eastern countries with a large courtyard that provides accommodation for caravans.
41. Characterized by friendship and good will.
42. Having a sunken area.
45. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
47. A man who serves as a sailor.
49. With rapid movements.
51. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
53. The second month of the Moslem calendar.
57. (Greek mythology) The Titaness who was mother of Helios and Selene and Eos in ancient mythology.
59. Carefully observant or attentive.
60. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
67. Liqueur flavored with caraway seed or cumin.
72. Any member of a Siouan people speaking one of the Dhegiha languages.
73. A historical region in central and northern Yugoslavia.
74. Characteristic of the classical artistic and literary traditions.
75. Dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight.
77. A state in midwestern United States.
78. A radioactive transuranic element.
81. A set of data arranged in rows and columns.
82. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
85. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant.
86. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
88. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
89. Fallow deer.
91. The act of preventing the opposition from scoring (in sports).
92. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
93. A vertical spar for supporting sails.
95. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
97. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
98. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
100. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
101. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.