1. A sizeable hole (usually in the ground).
4. The basic unit of money in Zaire.
9. A slender double-reed instrument.
13. (computer science) A measure of how densely information is packed on a storage medium.
16. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
17. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
18. A quantity of no importance.
19. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
20. A person who enjoys reading.
22. Be against.
25. Someone who serves (or waits to be called to serve) on a jury.
26. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
28. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
30. Immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit of.
31. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
32. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
35. In some classifications considered a genus of the subfamily Lutrinae.
39. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
42. Informal terms for a mother.
44. God of fire.
45. A city of central China.
46. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
47. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
50. A garment that covers the head and face.
52. Inflammation of the ileum.
54. Used of a single unit or thing.
56. Soreness and warmth caused by friction.
58. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
59. Painted beauty and red admiral.
61. The cry made by sheep.
63. Of or relating to a seizure or convulsion.
66. A radioactive element of the alkali-metal group discovered as a disintegration product of actinium.
67. A white trivalent metallic element.
68. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
69. A corporation authorized by Congress to provide a secondary market for residential mortgages.
72. Wearing or provided with clothing.
74. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
77. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
78. 100 pesewas equal 1 cedi.
80. Used by southerners for an inhabitant of a northern state in the United States (especially a Union soldier).
84. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
87. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
88. English writer who is remembered for her biography of Charlotte Bronte (1810-1865).
91. The force of workers available.
93. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
95. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
96. Seed of a pea plant.
97. Remove from memory or existence.
98. Suggestive of the supernatural.
99. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
1. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
2. Blockage of the intestine (especially the ileum) that prevents the contents of the intestine from passing to the lower bowel.
3. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
4. Dutch physicist honored for his research on the influence of magnetism on radiation which showed that light is radiated by the motion of charged particles in an atom (1865-1943).
5. The first of the Old Testament patriarchs and the father of Isaac.
6. Being nine more than forty.
7. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
8. A parliamentary monarchy in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula.
9. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living between Lake Chaplain and the Saint Lawrence River.
10. Serving as or forming a base.
11. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
12. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
13. (informal) Exceptionally good.
14. The inner surface of the hand from the wrist to the base of the fingers.
15. The content of cognition.
21. A language of Australian aborigines.
23. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
24. Japanese painter whose work influenced the impressionists (1760-1849).
27. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
29. Swedish oceanographer who recognized the role of the Coriolis effect on ocean currents (1874-1954).
33. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
34. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
36. Steady recurrent ticking sound as made by a clock.
37. Behavior or language bordering on indelicacy.
38. Generalized edema with accumulation of serum in subcutaneous connective tissue.
40. Enact or perform again.
41. (psychology) Characterized by avoidance or withdrawal.
43. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
48. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
49. A Mid-Atlantic state.
51. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
53. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
55. Avoid and stay away from deliberately.
57. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
60. French engineer who constructed the Eiffel Tower (1832-1923).
62. A large fleet.
64. Periodic shedding of the cuticle in arthropods or the outer skin in reptiles.
65. The place where some action occurs.
70. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
71. A form of address for a man.
73. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
75. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
76. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
79. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
80. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
81. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
82. Swiss painter influenced by Kandinsky (1879-1940).
83. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
85. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
86. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
89. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
90. An advantageous purchase.
92. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
93. Before noon.
94. A colorless and odorless inert gas.