1. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
4. (informal) "in the dumps".
9. Thick end of the handle.
13. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
16. The residue that remains when something is burned.
17. A genus of Indriidae.
18. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
19. The first month of the year.
20. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
21. United States screenwriter and filmmaker (born in 1944).
22. Performed speedily and without formality.
24. A fraudulent business scheme.
26. A siren of German legend who lured boatmen in the Rhine to destruction.
27. An interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs.
28. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
30. Changed in order to improve or made more fit for a particular purpose.
32. Very large red gum tree.
35. A musical phrase repeated over and over during a composition.
39. At full speed.
41. The act of catching an object with the hands.
45. A linear unit (1/40 inch) used to measure diameter of buttons.
46. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
48. Common black European thrush.
49. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
53. A master's degree in business.
55. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
56. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
58. Minute two-winged mosquito-like fly lacking biting mouthparts.
60. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
61. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
62. A woman of refinement.
65. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
71. A fisherman who uses a hook and line.
73. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
75. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
77. An awkward stupid person.
78. A large fan consisting of a frame covered with canvas that is suspended from the ceiling.
81. Top part of an apron.
82. (Greek mythology) The ferryman who brought the souls of the dead across the the river Styx or the river Acheron to Hades.
86. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
87. A coarse lace.
90. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
91. A label made of cardboard or plastic or metal.
92. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
93. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
95. Food for domestic livestock.
96. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
97. A plant lacking a permanent woody stem.
98. British artist and writer of nonsense verse (1812-1888).
99. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
2. One thousandth of a second.
3. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
4. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
5. A small pendant fleshy lobe at the back of the soft palate.
6. A city in central Georgia southeast of Atlanta.
7. The title of the ancient Egyptian kings.
8. The cardinal number that is the sum of five and one.
9. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
10. One of the two branches of the Finno-Ugric family of languages.
11. God of war and sky.
12. Male cat.
13. Put out or expel from a place.
14. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
15. Having come or been brought to a conclusion.
23. Lessened sensitivity to odors.
25. Italian poet (1569-1625).
29. Ratio of the opposite side to the hypotenuse.
31. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
33. Disposed to please.
34. A motley assortment of things.
36. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
37. No longer frozen solid.
38. A unit of length (in United States and Britain) equal to one twelfth of a foot.
40. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
42. A team game that resembles basketball.
43. Put into a proper or systematic order.
44. Relating to or occurring on the undersurface of the foot.
47. A warning against certain acts.
50. Unknown god.
51. An embroidered rug made from a coarse Indian felt.
52. A master's degree in library science.
54. (informal) Very tired.
57. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
59. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
63. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
64. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
66. Someone who supervises (an examination).
67. Important European leguminous forage plant with trifoliate leaves and blue-violet flowers grown widely as a pasture and hay crop.
68. The mistake of not following suit when able to do so.
69. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
70. Of the appetites and passions of the body.
71. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
72. An island of central Hawaii (between Molokai and Kauai).
74. Of the insects in the chrysalis (cocoon) or post larval stage.
75. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
76. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
79. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
80. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
81. In operation or operational.
83. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
84. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
85. A quantity of no importance.
88. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
89. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
94. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.