1. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
4. The scene of any event or action (especially the place of a meeting).
9. In bed.
13. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
16. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
17. A public square with room for pedestrians.
18. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
19. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
20. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
21. Walk about.
24. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
26. Thorn apple.
28. German publisher of a series of travel guidebooks (1801-1859).
31. A positive feeling of wanting to push ahead with something.
33. American pioneer who planted apple trees as he traveled (1774-1845).
35. The iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell.
36. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
37. A resource.
41. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
44. Deeply moved.
46. (Greek mythology) God of the heavens.
50. A unit of resistance equal to a billionth of an ohm.
52. The part of the small intestine between the jejunum and the cecum.
53. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
54. Hormone produced early in pregnancy by the placenta.
55. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
56. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
59. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
61. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
63. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
65. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
66. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
69. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
72. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
74. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
77. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
78. A volcanic island (part of Campania) in the Tyrrhenian Sea at the north end of the Bay of Naples.
82. Leader of Black Muslims who campaigned for independence for Black Americans (1897-1975).
86. Cuban dancer and choreographer (born in 1921).
87. A city of southeastern Mexico.
89. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
90. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
91. A field of cultivated and mowed grass.
93. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
95. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
96. 100 sene equal 1 tala.
97. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
98. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
99. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
1. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
2. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
3. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
4. A long-playing phonograph record.
5. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
6. A city in southwestern New Jersey on the Delaware River near Pittsburgh.
7. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
8. Fried quickly in a little fat.
9. The sixth month of the civil year.
10. The peninsula and island in the Philippines where Japanese forces besieged American forces in World War II.
11. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
12. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
13. A slipper that is soft and wool (for babies).
14. A person employed to watch for something to happen.
15. At or near the beginning of a period of time or course of events or before the usual or expected time.
22. Lie in wait, lie in ambush, behave in a sneaky and secretive manner.
23. The vein in the center of a leaf.
25. (prefix) Half or partial.
27. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
29. Large Old World butterflies.
30. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
32. British informal term.
34. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
38. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
39. A psychological disorder characterized by delusions of persecution or grandeur.
40. An uproarious party.
42. Forces that provide energy and direction.
43. A mountainous region in central Italy.
45. Relating to or resembling or made of or adorned with pearls or mother-of-pearl.
47. An (apparently) flying object whose nature is unknown.
48. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
49. Disturbed psychologically as if by a physical jolt or shock.
51. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
57. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
58. Dwell (archaic).
60. The capital and largest city of Bavaria in southeastern Germany.
62. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
64. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
67. (Greek mythology) The Titaness who was mother of Helios and Selene and Eos in ancient mythology.
68. The act of rubbing down.
69. Fried quickly in a little fat.
70. A small skullcap.
71. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
73. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
75. (electronics) A sharp transient wave in the normal electrical state (or a series of such transients).
76. Having the hair or wool cut or clipped off as if with shears or clippers.
79. A blind god.
80. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
81. A farewell remark.
83. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
84. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
85. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
88. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
92. An associate degree in nursing.
94. A public promotion of some product or service.