1. Give a nickname to.
4. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
8. Type genus of the Majidae.
12. Marked by the reception of pay.
16. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
17. British informal.
18. A city in northwestern Syria.
19. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
20. A historical region on northwestern India and northern Pakistan.
22. A fabric of uneven yarn that has an uneven knobby effect.
24. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
25. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
29. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
31. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
33. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
34. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
35. Jordan's port.
38. An indistinct shapeless form.
41. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
43. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
45. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
47. An extravagantly enthusiastic review.
48. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
50. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
51. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
52. An athlete who plays basketball.
53. A deep narrow steep-sided valley (especially one formed by running water).
54. The act that results in something coming to be.
57. The products of human creativity.
58. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
62. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
64. A marksman who shoots at people from a concealed place.
65. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
66. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
67. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
69. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
71. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
73. Of or relating to near the ear.
75. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
76. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
81. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
82. An honorary arts degree.
89. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
91. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
92. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
93. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
95. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
97. In bed.
98. (Irish) The sea personified.
99. Offering fun and gaiety.
100. A large number or amount.
101. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
1. Consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs.
2. Occurring or encountered or experienced or observed frequently or in accordance with regular practice or procedure.
3. (British informal) Pork sausage.
4. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
5. Characteristic of a mob.
6. A state in northwestern North America.
7. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
8. The second largest of the Hawaiian Islands.
9. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
10. A loose cloak with a hood.
11. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
12. A fringe region of partial shadow around an umbra.
13. A public promotion of some product or service.
14. The content of cognition.
15. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
21. A literary language of Chinese Turkestan (named for one of the sons of Genghis Khan).
23. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
26. Erect leafless flower stalk growing directly from the ground as in a tulip.
27. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
28. A word for chaos or fiasco borrowed from modern Hebrew (where it is a loan word from Russian).
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
32. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
36. A member of the Algonquian people formerly inhabiting southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois.
37. A mishap.
39. A heavy coat.
40. Hoary alyssum.
42. Inability to walk.
44. Of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion.
46. The expensive white fur of the ermine.
49. United States tennis player who won women's singles titles in the United States and at Wimbledon (born in 1954).
55. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
56. (Greek mythology) Any of the 50 sea nymphs who were daughters of the sea god Nereus.
59. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
60. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
61. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
63. Traveling on horseback.
68. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
70. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
71. The content of cognition.
72. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
74. True cedars.
77. Any of several short-billed Old World rails.
78. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
79. A religious doctrine that is proclaimed as true without proof.
80. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
83. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
84. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
85. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
86. The largest and southernmost island in the Marianas.
87. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
88. An informal term for a father.
90. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
94. 1/10 gram.
96. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.