1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. A workman who laces shoes or footballs or books (during binding).
9. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
13. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
16. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
17. Make less active or intense.
18. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
19. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
20. 10 grams.
21. Caused to show discomposure.
23. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
27. One of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief.
29. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
30. Largest known toad species.
32. Contemptibly small in amount.
34. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
38. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
39. A multiple star with 6 components.
43. The highest level or degree attainable.
44. Material used to daub walls.
48. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
49. Having removed clothing.
52. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
53. A legal document issued by a court or judicial officer.
54. French film maker influenced by surrealism.
55. A hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair.
56. Of or pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
59. A genus of Platalea.
61. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
62. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
63. (informal) Of the highest quality.
64. The 3rd letter of the Greek alphabet.
66. Unknown god.
69. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
75. United States physicist (born in Austria) who proposed the exclusion principle (thus providing a theoretical basis for the periodic table) (1900-1958).
77. A refund of some fraction of the amount paid.
81. Lower in esteem.
82. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
84. Trade name for an oral contraceptive containing estradiol and norgestrel.
85. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
86. Leafless East Indian vine.
87. Arising from or going to the root.
90. Hoop that covers a wheel.
91. Chief port of Yemen.
92. By bad luck.
94. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
95. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
96. A lyric poet.
97. An informal term for a father.
98. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
99. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
1. English monk and scholar (672-735).
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
4. A lake in northwestern Russia north of St. Petersburg.
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. Any taillike structure.
7. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
8. A network of intersecting blood vessels or intersecting nerves or intersecting lymph vessels.
9. A seducer who ruins a woman.
10. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
11. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
12. Acrylic resin used to make a strong soft crease-resistant fabric (trade name Acrilan).
13. A constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near Octans.
14. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
15. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
22. An annual award for outstanding achievements in television.
24. Relating to ocean depths from 2000 to 5000 meters.
26. Turn into cheese, of milk.
28. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
31. Relating to the Urdu language.
33. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
35. Congenital absence of the heart (as in the development of some monsters).
36. The domain ruled by an emperor or empress.
37. French poet and novelist and dramatist.
40. A swimming kick used while treading water v 1.
41. (Greek mythology) A tragic king of Thebes who unknowingly killed his father Laius and married his mother Jocasta.
42. To say or state again.
45. The space between two lines or planes that intersect.
46. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
47. Make difficult to perceive by sight.
50. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
51. Type genus of the Bramidae.
57. A penicillinase-resistant form of penicillin (trade name Nafcil) used (usually in the form of its sodium salt) to treat infections caused by penicillin-resistant strains of staphylococci.
58. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
60. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
65. A cylindrical drawstring bag used by sailors to hold their clothing and other gear.
67. Made smaller or less by melting or erosion or vaporization.
68. A criminal who takes property belonging to someone else with the intention of keeping it or selling it.
69. A network of intersecting blood vessels or intersecting nerves or intersecting lymph vessels.
70. The first light of day.
71. A large fleet.
72. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
73. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
74. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
75. (informal) Of the highest quality.
76. Stay clear from.
78. A name given to a product or service.
79. An associate degree in applied science.
80. A landlocked desert republic in north-central Africa.
82. Excessive but superficial compliments given with affected charm.
83. Having or showing keen interest or intense desire or impatient expectancy.
88. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
89. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
90. A local computer network for communication between computers.
93. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.