1. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
4. (British) A local tax on property (usually used in the plural).
9. Colloquial British abbreviation.
13. Characteristic of a mob.
16. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
17. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
18. A specific instance of feeling hopeful.
19. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
20. Strong liquor flavored with juniper berries.
21. Deep-sea fishes.
23. The sound of an alarm (usually a bell).
25. Lower in esteem.
27. Small and light boat.
29. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
30. Genus of Australian ladybugs.
31. A festival featuring African-American culture.
33. Cuban socialist leader who overthrew a dictator in 1959 and established a socialist state in Cuba (born in 1927).
35. Coffee with the caffeine removed.
39. Coconut palms.
42. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
43. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
44. An aromatic balsam.
45. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
46. Unknown god.
47. Supply with battlements.
51. Goddess of spring and wife of Bragi.
54. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
55. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
57. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
58. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
59. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
61. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
64. Of the dull yellowish green of the meat of an avocado n 1.
66. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
67. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
69. Type genus of the Nepidae.
70. Determine the essential quality of.
74. Large long-armed ape of Borneo and Sumatra having arboreal habits.
75. A port city in southern Kenya on a coral island in a bay of the Indian Ocean.
77. Impinge or infringe upon.
79. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
82. Of inferior or mixed breed.
83. The money risked on a gamble.
84. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
88. Type genus of the Percidae.
92. A mechanically operated piano that uses a roll of perforated paper to activate the keys.
95. Having excessive asymmetrical ornamentation.
97. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
98. Informal abbreviation of `representative'.
99. The third canonical hour.
101. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
102. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
103. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
104. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
105. A small cake leavened with yeast.
106. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. British composer (1857-1934).
2. Small South American spiny tree with dark crimson and scarlet flowers solitary or clustered.
3. A gland in which gametes (sex cells) are produced.
4. Used by northerners of Confederate soldiers.
5. The month following March and preceding May.
6. Of or relating to the chest or thorax.
7. Take in solid food.
8. Something of little value.
9. Thorny shrub or small tree common in central Argentina having small orange or yellow flowers followed by edible berries.
10. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
11. An artificial language.
12. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
13. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
14. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
15. A circular segment of a curve.
22. A town in southwest Oklahoma.
24. A stiff chitinous seta or bristle especially of an annelid worm.
26. The form of ratbite fever occurring in the Far East.
28. 1 species.
32. A public promotion of some product or service.
34. A city in northern India.
36. Of or relating to or characteristic of Corsica or its people.
37. The sterilization of an animal.
38. The central body of an airplane that is designed to accommodate the crew and passengers (or cargo).
40. A feast day and the seven days following it.
41. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
48. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
49. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
50. A person forced to flee from home or country.
52. A light curved skeleton to spread out a skirt.
53. Mild form of diabetes mellitus that develops gradually in adults.
56. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
60. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
62. Small buffalo of Mindoro in the Philippines.
63. A white or colorless mineral (BaSO4).
65. (Arthurian legend) The battlefield where King Arthur was mortally wounded.
68. Minute planktonic or parasitic crustaceans.
71. Made of or resembling lace.
72. Drug (trade name Isuprel) used to treat bronchial asthma and to stimulate the heart.
73. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
76. A doctor's degree in optometry.
78. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
80. A person who weeps.
81. With the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe.
85. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
86. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
87. A sodium salt of carbonic acid.
89. A sudden short attack.
90. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
91. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
93. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
94. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
96. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
100. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.