1. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
4. American Revolutionary patriot.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
13. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
16. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
17. Small evergreen shrub of Pacific coast of North America having edible dark purple grape-size berries.
18. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
19. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
20. A mountain range in western Russia extending from the arctic to the Caspian Sea.
22. Ending in a sharp point.
24. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
26. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
27. A native-born Israeli.
29. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
30. Top part of an apron.
34. (of spores or microorganisms) Capable of movement n.
37. Jordan's port.
40. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
44. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
45. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
47. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
48. A benign epithelial tumor forming a rounded mass.
50. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
51. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
52. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
53. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
55. Of or relating to or denoting numbers.
58. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
62. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
63. A city in southeastern Spain.
64. Attractiveness to the opposite sex.
67. Swedish soprano who toured the United States under the management of P. T. Barnum (1820-1887).
68. A person who dissents from some established policy.
70. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
71. The capital and largest city of Myanmar.
73. A port town on the Atlantic coast of Portugal southeast of Lisbon.
76. Black tropical American cuckoo.
77. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
80. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
81. A large quantity of written matter.
84. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
86. 1/10 gram.
87. An emblem (a small piece of plastic or cloth or metal) that signifies your status (rank or membership or affiliation etc.).
90. A farewell remark.
92. Lower in esteem.
94. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
95. A master's degree in education.
96. A chock or bar wedged under a wheel or between the spokes to prevent a vehicle from rolling down an incline.
98. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
101. (slang) A gangster's pistol.
102. Used of a single unit or thing.
103. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
104. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
105. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
1. A musical work that has been created.
2. God of death.
3. Broken husks of the seeds of cereal grains that are separated from the flour by sifting.
4. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
5. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
6. By bad luck.
7. Covered with paving material.
8. Soft lump or unevenness in a yarn.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. (informal) Of the highest quality.
11. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
12. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
13. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
14. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
15. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
21. Of or relating to the lips of the mouth.
23. Requiring secret or mysterious knowledge.
25. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
28. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
31. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
32. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
33. The cry made by sheep.
35. Abnormally small production of urine.
36. German baroque composer (1681-1767).
38. A genus of Psittacidae.
39. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
41. 1 species.
42. Generalized edema with accumulation of serum in subcutaneous connective tissue.
43. Of or infected by or resembling malaria.
46. 1 species.
49. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
54. Before noon.
56. The final stages of an extended process of negotiation.
57. A verse line with a dactyl followed by a spondee or trochee.
59. (Greek mythology) One of the Titans.
60. A body of poetry that conveys the traditions of a society by treating some epic theme.
61. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
65. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
66. A landlocked principality in the Himalayas northeast of India.
69. A language of Australian aborigines.
70. Soft lump or unevenness in a yarn.
72. In operation or operational.
74. The bill in a restaurant.
75. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
78. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
79. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
82. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
83. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
85. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
86. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
88. Taken or to be taken at random.
89. (prefix) Outside or outer.
91. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
93. A sharp projection on an edge or surface.
97. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
99. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
100. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.