1. A federation of North American industrial unions that merged with the American Federation of Labor in 1955.
4. Nocturnal badger-like carnivore of wooded regions of Africa and southern Asia.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. A hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland that controls the degree of pigmentation in melanocytes.
16. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
17. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
18. Highly excited.
19. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
20. Towards the side away from the wind.
21. Deeply absorbed in thought.
23. Small genus of shrubs and lianas and trees of Africa and Madagascar.
25. Tibeto-Burman languages spoken in northernmost Burma and adjacent China and India.
27. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
29. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
30. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
32. Red Bordeaux wine from the Medoc district of southwestern France.
34. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
37. A young unmarried woman.
40. An expression of approval and commendation.
44. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
45. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
46. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
48. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
49. Unusually great in size or amount or degree or especially extent or scope.
51. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
53. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
54. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
55. Of or relating to rabbis or their teachings.
57. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
58. Bowed stringed instrument that is the highest member of the violin family.
59. An avalanche volcanic water and mud down the slopes of a volcano.
61. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
62. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
67. Plaything consisting of a child's toy bear (usually plush and stuffed with soft materials).
70. (neurology) Of or relating to the vagus nerve.
73. With eagerness.
77. Of deserts of northern Africa and southern Asia.
80. United States inventor of a dry-plate process of developing photographic film and of flexible film (his firm introduced roll film) and of the box camera and of a process for color photography (1854-1932).
82. The capability to obliterate a target with more weapons (especially nuclear weapons) than are required.
84. Oral antiarrhythmic medication (trade name Tambocor) used as a last resort in treating arrhythmias.
88. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
89. A worker who attaches something by nailing it.
92. The first light of day.
93. Deciduous or evergreen shrubs and shrubby trees of temperate and subtropical North America, South Africa, eastern Asia and northeastern Australia.
94. Highly attractive and able to arouse hope or desire.
96. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
97. Channel into a new direction.
98. Tall marsh plant with cylindrical seed heads that explode when mature shedding large quantities of down.
99. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
1. A metal cleat on the bottom front of a horseshoe to prevent slipping.
2. The content of cognition.
3. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
4. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
5. Make amendments to.
6. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.
7. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
8. Gracefully slender.
9. Title used for a married Frenchwoman.
10. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
11. A vest pocket to hold a pocket watch.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
14. A disorderly outburst or tumult.
15. Heal or recover.
22. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
24. Beyond or deviating from the usual or expected.
26. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
28. Grown for its thickened edible aromatic root.
31. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
33. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
35. Align anew or better.
36. Run away.
38. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
39. British writer of short stories (1870-1916).
41. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
42. Defeat (oneself) by going too far.
43. Fleshy maritime plant having fleshy stems with rudimentary scalelike leaves and small spikes of minute flowers.
47. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
50. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
52. (Sumerian) God of the air and king of the Sumerian gods.
56. A small short-legged smooth-coated breed of hound.
60. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
63. Pertaining to filberts or hazelnuts.
64. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
65. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
66. The month following February and preceding April.
68. A beloved person.
69. Noisy talk.
71. A jumble of things to be given away.
72. (Judaism) A candelabrum with seven branches used in ceremonies to symbolize the seven days of creation.
73. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
74. A person who gains weight.
75. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
76. Forbidden to profane use especially in South Pacific islands.
78. A genus of Indriidae.
79. Happen or occur again.
81. Any of a number of tiny parallel grooves such as.
83. Having relatively few calories.
85. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
86. Using speech rather than writing.
87. A dissolute man in fashionable society.
90. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
91. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
92. A state in New England.
95. A state in southeastern United States.