1. A metric unit of length equal to ten meters.
4. One of the often brightly colored and branching hornlike structures on the back of the nudibranch (and other related mollusks) that serve as gills.
9. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
13. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
16. Used of a single unit or thing.
17. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
18. Little known Kamarupan languages.
19. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
20. Of or relating to or made from a ceramic.
22. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
24. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
25. Tropical and subtropical marine and freshwater fishes having an elongated body and long protruding lower jaw.
27. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
29. Love intensely.
30. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
32. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
34. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
35. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
41. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
43. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
46. Cleanse (one's body) with soap and water.
47. Any taillike structure.
50. Become imbued.
52. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
53. By bad luck.
54. American Revolutionary leader and signer of the Declaration of Independence (1731-1814).
55. Constituting the full quantity or extent.
57. Wear away.
59. Standard temperature and pressure.
60. Tuberous or rhizomatous herbaceous perennials.
61. Small arctic whale the male having a long spiral ivory tusk.
64. The kind and number and arrangement of teeth (collectively) in a person or animal.
65. Lower in esteem.
69. A toilet in England.
70. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
71. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
73. Of people.
75. At the proper time.
76. An embroidered rug made from a coarse Indian felt.
79. Type genus of the Triglidae.
80. Large brightly crested bird of Africa.
83. An inn in some Eastern countries with a large courtyard that provides accommodation for caravans.
84. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
88. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
89. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
92. Any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange.
94. A humorous anecdote or remark.
95. An advanced law degree.
96. All the plant and animal life of a particular region.
97. A strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared.
98. The address of a web page on the world wide web.
99. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
100. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
101. Informal terms for a meal.
102. Make amends for.
103. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
1. Russian country house.
2. Make uniform.
3. Black wine grape originally from the region of Bordeaux.
4. A slight convexity (as of the surface of a road).
5. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
6. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
7. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
8. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
9. Offering fun and gaiety.
10. Cause to be embarrassed.
11. The capital and largest city of Idaho.
12. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
13. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
21. Filled with fear or apprehension.
23. Type genus of the Glareolidae.
26. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
28. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
31. The treasurer at a college or university.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. A wall hanging of heavy handwoven fabric with pictorial designs.
38. Kamarupan languages spoken in the state of Assam in northeastern India.
39. A medieval hood of mail suspended from a basinet to protect the head and neck.
40. Deploy anew.
42. Lacking natural ease.
44. A republic on the Isthmus of Panama.
45. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
48. Not tied.
49. Muslim name for God.
51. (British abbreviation) "he accepted it on appro".
56. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
58. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
62. A mountain climber who specializes in difficult climbs.
63. Chief god.
66. A resource.
67. A state in north central United States.
68. Cause to feel enthusiasm.
69. Cause to be embarrassed.
72. A group of related languages spoken in a valley of southern Ethiopia.
74. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
77. Jordan's port.
78. Conveying information to the muscles from the CNS.
81. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
82. Avatar of Vishnu.
85. Largest known toad species.
86. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
87. Displeasing to the senses and morally revolting.
90. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
91. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
93. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.