1. Informal abbreviation of `representative'.
4. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
9. A strong cord v 1.
13. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
16. The residue that remains when something is burned.
17. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
18. An open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring.
19. (of champagne) Moderately dry.
20. Russian chess master who moved to Paris.
22. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
23. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
24. Type genus of the Hylidae.
25. With no effort to conceal.
27. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
29. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
31. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
33. The title of the ancient Egyptian kings.
35. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
40. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
41. The products of human creativity.
43. Jordan's port.
45. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
46. An ordered reference standard.
49. A woman of refinement.
51. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
53. Equipped with or connected by gears or having gears engaged.
55. Being one more than one.
56. Engage or hire for work.
58. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
60. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
62. A sign of something about to happen.
63. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
64. Used affectionately to refer to an eccentric but amusing old man.
66. The sacred city of Lamaism.
68. The wood of the sabicu which resembles mahogany.
71. The capital and largest city of Japan.
72. Half the width of an em.
73. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
75. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
76. A broken piece of a brittle artifact.
80. (informal) Of the highest quality.
82. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
85. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
90. (South African) A journey by ox wagon (especially an organized migration by a group of settlers).
92. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
93. Wild llama.
95. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
97. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
98. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
99. Urged social reform in 19th century England.
101. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
102. Being one more than nine.
103. A river in southeastern France.
104. An informal term for a father.
105. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Imprudently incurring risk.
2. Catch sight of.
3. Drought-resistant Asiatic treelike shrub bearing pleasantly acid small red edible fruits commonly used in sherbets.
4. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
5. A blot made with ink.
6. Joint capital (with Mecca) of Saudi Arabia located in the central oasis.
7. Before noon.
8. Constituting or relating to a tail.
9. Show a response or a reaction to something.
10. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
11. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
12. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
13. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
14. A Russian river.
15. The act of scanning.
21. Of or relating to or near the sacrum.
26. Being ten more than one hundred eighty.
28. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
30. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
32. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
34. A Shinto god of war.
36. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
37. An unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles.
38. Lacking fresh air.
39. An athlete who plays for pay on a part-time basis.
42. A city in west central Washington on an arm of Puget Sound south of Seattle.
44. The French-speaking capital of the province of Quebec.
47. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
48. Beads threaded on a string.
50. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
52. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
54. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
57. Store in a silo, as of fodder.
59. A small cake leavened with yeast.
61. Advanced in years.
65. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
67. The slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa.
68. A blot made with ink.
69. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
70. Employed in accomplishing something.
74. A state in New England.
77. A unit of weight used in some Moslem countries near the Mediterranean.
78. Swedish oceanographer who recognized the role of the Coriolis effect on ocean currents (1874-1954).
79. The Teutonic god of thunder.
81. A large number of things or people considered together.
83. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
84. Jordan's port.
86. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
87. Long coarse hair growing from the crest of the animal's neck.
88. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
89. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
91. A Hindu prince or king in India.
94. A transuranic element that has not been found in nature.
96. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
100. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
101. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.