1. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
4. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
9. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
13. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
16. The month following March and preceding May.
17. Music composed for dancing the pavane.
18. A university in Connecticut.
19. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
20. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
21. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
22. The granite-like rocks that form the outermost layer of the earth's crust.
23. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
24. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
26. A long plume (especially one of egret feathers) worn on a hat or a piece of jewelry in the shape of a plume.
29. Soiled or likely to soil with dirt or grime.
31. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
33. Of or relating to a normal cyst (as the gallbladder or urinary bladder).
36. Hairpiece covering the head and made of human or synthetic hair.
38. Of or relating to or near the sacrum.
42. A Polynesian rain dance performed by a woman.
43. Of legislation.
47. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
48. (medicine) Having or experiencing a rapid onset and short but severe course.
49. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
50. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
52. (dialect) A short straight stick of wood.
53. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
57. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
59. A state in the western United States.
61. A state in southwestern Germany famous for its beer.
63. A container.
64. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. Make improvements or corrections to.
66. Affect with wonder.
67. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
68. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
71. A recompense for worthy acts or retribution for wrongdoing.
72. A blind god.
73. Studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills).
75. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
76. Of or relating to or characteristic of Ireland or its people.
80. Of or relating to apnea.
85. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
89. A member of the agricultural people living in the central Volga provinces of European Russia.
91. Constituting or relating to a tail.
93. An associate degree in applied science.
94. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
95. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
97. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
98. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
99. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
100. Evergreen shrubs of north temperate regions.
101. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
102. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
103. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
1. South African term for `boss'.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
4. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
5. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
6. A means of serving.
7. Japanese architect (born in 1913).
8. Tending to reserve or introspection.
9. A closed sac that develops abnormally in some body structure.
10. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
11. Oil palms.
12. The fatty flesh of eel.
13. (Middle East) Usually small round bread that can open into a pocket for filling.
14. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
15. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
25. 100 bututs equal 1 dalasi.
27. A town in north central Oklahoma.
28. Cast again, in a different role.
30. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
32. 10 grams.
34. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
35. A person who stays in bed until a relatively late hour.
37. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
39. The large yellow root of a rutabaga plant used as food.
40. Expressing pain or agony.
41. Of or relating to or characteristic of Lebanon or its people.
44. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
45. Coming next after the tenth and just before the twelfth in position.
46. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
51. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
54. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
55. Verbal abuse.
56. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
58. United States humorist who wrote about rural life (1818-1885).
60. Troubled persistently especially with petty annoyances.
62. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
67. A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean.
69. Reduce to lay status.
70. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
74. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
75. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
77. Being in competition.
78. All the animal life in a particular region.
79. Used of the older of two persons of the same name especially used to distinguish a father from his son.
81. A long (usually round) rod of wood or metal or plastic.
82. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
83. A fraudulent business scheme.
84. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
86. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
87. The lean flesh of a fish that is often farmed.
88. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
90. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
92. The basic unit of money in Albania.
96. The 13th letter of the Greek alphabet.