1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
5. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
9. A recurring sleep state during which rapid eye movements do not occur and dreaming does not occur.
13. A police officer who investigates crimes.
16. Marked by good order and cleanliness in appearance or habits.
17. A member of a North American Indian people speaking one of the Hokan language.
18. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. A genus of Nymphalidae.
21. The room in the palace of a native prince of India in which audiences and receptions occur.
23. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
24. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
25. (used especially of glances) Directed to one side with or as if with doubt or suspicion or envy.
26. Wild ox of the Malay Archipelago.
28. Being nine more than ninety.
31. Tropical American thorny shrub or small tree.
40. Any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules.
41. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
42. A state in the western United States.
44. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
45. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
47. Type genus of the Lycaenidae.
48. A member of a Caddo people formerly living in north central Texas.
51. State in eastern India on the Bay of Bengal.
52. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
53. Hungarian composer of light operas (1870-1948).
55. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
57. Being nine more than forty.
58. A member of the Tungus speaking people of Mongolian race who are a nomadic people widely spread over eastern Siberia.
59. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
60. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
62. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
65. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
69. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
72. A metal cleat on the bottom front of a horseshoe to prevent slipping.
73. Physically and mentally fatigued.
76. Pull along heavily, like a heavy load against a resistance.
77. Visit famous or interesting sights.
80. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
83. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
84. A member of the Algonquian people formerly inhabiting the Maritime Provinces of Canada.
85. United States evangelical preacher famous as a mass evangelist (born in 1918).
86. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
88. A male sovereign.
90. A town in western Alaska on the southern coast of the Seward Peninsula.
91. The second day of the week.
92. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
93. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
94. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
1. United States inventor who manufactured the first elevator with a safety device (1811-1861).
2. A river in western Thailand.
3. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
4. A person who rides a bicycle.
5. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
6. An Indian unit of length having different values in different localities.
7. A state in northwestern North America.
8. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
9. Someone in love with themselves.
10. Not very intelligent or interested in culture.
11. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
12. One who suffers for the sake of principle.
13. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
14. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
15. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
22. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
27. Extremely large treelike cactus of desert regions of southwestern United States having a thick columnar sparsely branched trunk bearing white flowers and edible red pulpy fruit.
29. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
30. (Greek mythology) One of the three Gorgons.
32. To gain with effort.
33. A wave on the surface of a lake or landlocked bay.
34. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
35. A recipient of honors in recognition of noteworthy accomplishments.
36. Fortification consisting of a strong fence made of stakes driven into the ground.
37. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
38. A person who eats human flesh.
39. Weedy Eurasian plant often a pest in grain fields.
43. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
46. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
49. (Judaism) An eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem.
50. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
54. A Loloish language.
56. A boy or man.
61. A member of a North American Plains people (now living in Oklahoma and Wyoming).
63. Very great.
64. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
66. An island republic on the island of Iceland.
67. Of or relating to or characteristic of the prehistoric Aegean civilization.
68. The products of human creativity.
70. Small winged insect living on the bark and leaves of trees and feeding on e.g. fungi and decaying plant matter.
71. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
74. The capital and largest city of Lithuania.
75. Wood of a pecan tree.
78. A genus of Mustelidae.
79. The income arising from land or other property.
81. Informal terms for a mother.
82. A primeval personification of air and breath.
87. One million periods per second.
89. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.